Removing or Uninstalling Unofficial Repositories
Question 
I admit it - I went crazy with installing too many repositories - many of which don't even work anyway. When trying to remove / uninstall some of them, I am having a problem. There's no way to do it apparently.

I've deleted my database files and all that, I don't know if that's the issue.

Some have the "Add-on repository" option listed in the Add-on while others do not. (That's the only way I seem to be able to Uninstall them.)

I've tried re-installing from zip file, sometimes noticing that there's nothing at all inside, but it somehow fixes itself after a while. The one's I want to remove only have some things listed, like "Video Add-ons" and I really need the "Add-on repository" in order to uninstall.

I hope it's okay to ask this way - I assume this is a common issue but I haven't been able to find the solution. I have about 9 repositories I'd like to remove, and I'm willing to remove them all and install all over again if necessary. (Although I doubt a full restore is called for, right?)

Thank you so much for your help!
1. You have to restart xbmc after installing a repo for getting it populated with addons
2. delete them by hand in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addons or /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That fixed it!!! I did have to go in by hand in the first path you gave, and I found all the problem repos there that wouldn't let me uninstall. Once I deleted them and restarted xbmc, all better.

Thank you!!!
(2012-01-04, 10:29)Memphiz Wrote: 1. You have to restart xbmc after installing a repo for getting it populated with addons
2. delete them by hand in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addons or /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

I don't have Apple TV, I'm using the Windows install of the XMBC Eden, but this seems to be the only forum post online where I can find someone successfully removing a repository from XBMC. I tried finding that path you provided, but to no avail. It's not how the file structure is on my install. I found the "Addons" folder under my XBMC directory, but there are not repositories found there. At least, not the empty one that still displays in my XBMC. There is no option to do anything when viewing it in XBMC as a repository. It's just listed there. Clicking on it does nothing. Right clicking on it does nothing. Pressing the "C" button does nothing. Any clue how to delete it?
(2012-06-03, 22:50)graymoment Wrote:
(2012-01-04, 10:29)Memphiz Wrote: 1. You have to restart xbmc after installing a repo for getting it populated with addons

I don't have Apple TV, I'm using the Windows install of the XMBC Eden, but this seems to be the only forum post online where I can find someone successfully removing a repository from XBMC. I tried finding that path you provided, but to no avail. It's not how the file structure is on my install. I found the "Addons" folder under my XBMC directory, but there are not repositories found there. At least, not the empty one that still displays in my XBMC. There is no option to do anything when viewing it in XBMC as a repository. It's just listed there. Clicking on it does nothing. Right clicking on it does nothing. Pressing the "C" button does nothing. Any clue how to delete it?

This forum is for iOS specific devices. That's why you can't find the above path. What OS do you have? That will determine where the XBMC folder is.
(2012-06-04, 16:17)crawl Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 22:50)graymoment Wrote:

This forum is for iOS specific devices. That's why you can't find the above path. What OS do you have? That will determine where the XBMC folder is.

I understand. This is the only place I have found where someone has received successful help with the same question, however. I'm on Windows 7. I found my XBMC path, I just couldn't locate the specific addon in the addons folder. I eventually found it by using the "Search Everything" app for the addon name. Thanks.
In the last version of XBMC, I found the addons in
/home/pi/.xbmc/addons#

We need to be sudoer because is a hidden folder.

In the prompt ls repo*

And use rm -Rf repoXYZ
For all other OS's, start here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing or Uninstalling Unofficial Repositories0