Reclock-style 24fps?
I've been playing with the refresh rate override setting in advancedsettings.xml in eden beta1. Using this entry:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
      <fps>23.976</fps>
      <refresh>24.0</refresh>
    </override>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I am able to get my proper 24.0 hz refresh rate when viewing 23.976fps material. I've enabled 'sync playback to display' in order to restore the original film speed of the material (I'm assuming this will force the video to be played back at 24fps?) and have set the sync on 're-sample audio', which should give me the proper pitch back into the audio (note that this ONLY works with de-selecting dts & dolby digital compatible receiver AND selecting directSound instead of wasapi).

Now the video smoothness is better than even my oppo bdp-93. The sound is dead-on synchronized I'd say about 50% of the time. The other half, it's almost un-noticeably our of synch, but just barley. In these cases that it's out of synch, I see that the missed counter goes up when showing video info. If I pause the video, after 'some' amount of time the missed counter stops incrementing and I can then resume the video with no further issues. I feel like I'm sooo close to getting perfect playback, what could cause this random missed counter/synch? I'm not at home right now so I can't capture a debug log until tonight. Just wondering if there are any ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reclock-style 24fps?0