Stutter every 1 second
Thumbs Up 
Hi All,

I am getting a stutter about every second that never goes away. Happens on any video/audio type combination. Happens on Dharma and Eden.

I normally run Mediabrowser which has never had this problem. I've researched stutter issues here on the forum and have tried multiple ideas expressed here.

Any thoughts?

Thx!
A touch more info might help.
Like the specs of the system running XBMC.
Is it an HTPC?
Are your streaming from a server? - What are you using for a server software?

And don't forget the glorious log file to help people understand what is going on.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
wild guess here, set "video scaling method" to bilinear and see what happens, my guess is that it's currently set to auto.
Sorry...it's an Acer Revo 1600 HTPC running Win7 with an ION chipset and 3gb of RAM. I am pulling files from another win 7 box on wired ethernet.

As I said, I currently have no issues with this configuration when using Mediabrowser so I'm not sure what might be the cause with XBMC.

I will post a log asap...

Thx!
Well, there are several things that you could try adjusting to perhaps "dial in the settings" the first I would do involves editing the advancedsettings.xml file.

Try adding the following lines of code to it.

Code:
<network>
      <cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>

Bear in mind that if you have never "tweaked" XBMC's advancedsettings.xml then you will probably have to physically create the file.
You can do this simply by sshing into your system and create a file"advancedsettings.xml" under the /userdata/ directory.

This is predicated by the assumption that the system simply isn't reading far enough into the future to keep up with itself... I had this problem as well and this fixed it... Then again, this may do nothing. But, it won't hurt.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
Not sure if this is related at all:

I get the same effects sometimes when waking up from standby. Only goes away with restarting XBMC in my case.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for all the replies!

Turns out "Sync Playback to Display" was NOT enabled in "Settings-->Video-->Playback". That particular option was not showing in the skin I had loaded.

Enabling it fixed the problem!
0mikeyj0 Wrote:Thanks for all the replies!

Turns out "Sync Playback to Display" was NOT enabled in "Settings-->Video-->Playback". That particular option was not showing in the skin I had loaded.

Enabling it fixed the problem!

Please edit title to [Solved]. Thanks
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter every 1 second0