Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos
(2012-06-16, 20:27)deepblue Wrote: I can't believe how Linux users with no understanding of how to use Linux are getting so shafted here - I mean with the hefty price paid for the software and the enormous development staff behind XBMC raking in the bucks, I would have expected an immediate fix.

If you don't know how to update or package up some of the alternative builds and distros, then the Windows platform is likely best for you. Don't give the devs a hard time because there isn't a simple solution for you here as they work hard for us to enjoy a kick ass platform that many of us use every day and pay nothing for.

Fernet - keep up the awesome work, and we look forward to the fix being merged into a stable or beta build when available.

Sorry, but thats a bit off...
People come to the forums to bring up issues and find solutions. People have brought up XBMCbuntu issues since the March launch and have not heard anyone talk about fixing the original XBMC branch of XBMCbuntu.Coming on the forums and bringing up issues is almost like donating. We are spending our time also...

XBMCbuntu replaced XBMClive and people have seen nothing but issues with it. It doesn't matter if your a Linux noob or not. If something is meant to install easy and work with no issues like its predecessor there is a problem.. In this thread I started a while ago about the beta testing for XBMCbuntu seemed kind of slim and not many people chimed in, but NedScott said
Quote:That's somewhat debatably accurate, re: XBMCbuntu. XBMCbuntu Beta was only released when Beta 3 was released. So while the version of XBMC running in XBMCbuntu was Eden for Linux Beta 3, XBMCbuntu itself was only Beta 1 and no additional beta images were released by the Team before Final. As such, and particularly with regards to issues surrounding the installer, which is where XBMCbuntu primarily differs with XBMC for Linux, asking why there weren't additional Betas is at least a fair question.

We have seen multiple fixes come out for Windows users. We don't sit here banging our fist wanting fixes now. Yes we all know that openELEC and Xbmcfreaks have their version of the program, but a lot of us still want to try and make this version work first before we want something specific, plus they are the main source to begin with. We can easily go away and not bother posting on here and move on to another box or program, but that would only hurt development since no one would care to bring up bugs and such.

Messages In This Thread
I have the same issue - by funkt4life - 2012-01-19, 12:40
RE: Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos - by BORIStheBLADE - 2012-06-17, 16:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc freezes lock-ups when starting videos3