• 27(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2013-01-26, 18:17)vandonh Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 09:49)twinther Wrote: Question on the TVGuide scrolling text, on the channel selection side the scrolling works correct. On the program side, it look like the scrolling overwrites the text that is displayed. Has this been brought up before?

Thanks
Hans

Hi Hans,
I'm not sure what you mean.
Can you post a screenshot showing this?

Br.
Tommy

Tommy,

As you requested a while ago, a screen shot of the double scrolling text, when the text in a box is too long it should scroll I believe right to left. Often I noticed when I start TVGuide in the morning it updates the new XMLTV file and every now and then I have this corrupted scrolling where the text scrolls but the text that is there stays, so you get a double text. The only way to clear this is to delete the db and reload

Thanks
Hans

Tommy, I'm getting an error about SMB//NFS/Etc not being supported in Eden. Mount these on a system level instead. Filename:SMB://HTPCWIn/TVGuide/XMLTV.XML. Version listed is 1.4 and it was working in Eden a few days ago. The XML file is on my server and is shared by 4 systems via SMB.
Thanks,
Ken
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
I'm using this on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with multiple HDHomeruns and it works perfectly. The only issue I have is it takes over 10 minutes to load the guide data from a mc2xml generated xmltv file. I don't need 2 weeks of guide data for watching live tv, is there an option to limit the data loaded? So I could set it to 1 or 2 days. If not consider this a feature request.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-02-06, 22:51)Dilligaf Wrote: I'm using this on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with multiple HDHomeruns and it works perfectly. The only issue I have is it takes over 10 minutes to load the guide data from a mc2xml generated xmltv file. I don't need 2 weeks of guide data for watching live tv, is there an option to limit the data loaded? So I could set it to 1 or 2 days. If not consider this a feature request.

mc2xml has a switch

Below is from the mc2xml site. I think you can just use mc2xml -d 48 for 2 days of data.

mc2xml -s -5 -d 10
output programs that start later than 5 hours ago, and include only the following 10 hours of programming
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Yeah but I use the same xml for my Media Portal server and for that I want the whole guide. I know I can just run mc2xml twice. Another possibility is to schedule it in the early morning with a cron job, does the plugin respond to any json commands?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-02-05, 20:33)vandonh Wrote: Tommy,

As you requested a while ago, a screen shot of the double scrolling text, when the text in a box is too long it should scroll I believe right to left. Often I noticed when I start TVGuide in the morning it updates the new XMLTV file and every now and then I have this corrupted scrolling where the text scrolls but the text that is there stays, so you get a double text. The only way to clear this is to delete the db and reload

Thanks
Hans

Hi Hans,
I have seen this before. It happens because the program is listed twice in the tv guide database, so there are actually two buttons on top of each other. I'll do some tests and see if i can reproduce it and hopefully fix it.

(2013-02-06, 16:24)Dobyken Wrote: Tommy, I'm getting an error about SMB//NFS/Etc not being supported in Eden. Mount these on a system level instead. Filename:SMB://HTPCWIn/TVGuide/XMLTV.XML. Version listed is 1.4 and it was working in Eden a few days ago. The XML file is on my server and is shared by 4 systems via SMB.
Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken,
Yeah, I removed support for it in Eden because it was a big hack. The addon would copy the xmltv to the local disk before processing and there was not way to detect change in the file, etc. I believe most users will upgrade to Frodo anyway where the XBMC VFS support in Python is much better.

(2013-02-07, 03:55)Dilligaf Wrote: Yeah but I use the same xml for my Media Portal server and for that I want the whole guide. I know I can just run mc2xml twice. Another possibility is to schedule it in the early morning with a cron job, does the plugin respond to any json commands?

It's not really possible to trigger a refresh externally/remotely. I guess you could do it by resetting some records in the source.db sqlite3 database though.
I have no plans on adding support for partially loading a xmltv file.

Br.
Tommy
the latest from my fork. If anyone has FiOS they will recognize the ui

Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

@angrycamel could you make this install in a different directory so both can run side by side? Or is that something I could do easily?
@angrycamel what is this? another addon or a modification of tvGuide?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
@Maniac I'm making mods to TVGuide to add functionality (it's a fork on github). I could keep updates about it separate if its confusing to post here, I just thought some folks here may be interested in it. I have sent a pull request to Twinther for the first round of mods to get them into the master build.

@Dilligaf I'm sure you could just change some of the addon properties to get it to install separate but I'm no expert. I'm just piddling around with stuff to make it do what I want.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Hello, Quick question:

When watching a live TV stream, if I press Channel UP or Channel DOWN on my remote, how long does it take to change to the next channel using your addon? Does your addon allow channel changing this way or does it require you to only change channels from the EPG menu?

I am currently using the cmyth addon with a MythTV backend but I'm looking to abandon it for LiveTV all together.
(2013-02-12, 16:26)NewJerseyNinja Wrote: Hello, Quick question:

When watching a live TV stream, if I press Channel UP or Channel DOWN on my remote, how long does it take to change to the next channel using your addon? Does your addon allow channel changing this way or does it require you to only change channels from the EPG menu?

I am currently using the cmyth addon with a MythTV backend but I'm looking to abandon it for LiveTV all together.

Channels cannot be channged via up\down, only volume. you have to press C or hold Menu (atv2) to go back to EPG list, and choose another channel.
If OSD is enabled, from settings, then you can see a minimized video of the current channel playing while you choose another channel. This works great on Windows.
If OSD is disabled, then the channels stops, while you choose another channel. This works best on ATV2.

(2013-02-11, 16:08)angrycamel Wrote: @Maniac I'm making mods to TVGuide to add functionality (it's a fork on github). I could keep updates about it separate if its confusing to post here, I just thought some folks here may be interested in it. I have sent a pull request to Twinther for the first round of mods to get them into the master build.
Very interesting! I am willing to test it if you need Smile I have xbmc on windows8 and ATV2. Both running Frodo.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2013-02-12, 22:47)Maniac Wrote: Very interesting! I am willing to test it if you need Smile I have xbmc on windows8 and ATV2. Both running Frodo.

That would be great. I don't really have much to test just yet (except the SickBeard addShow implementation) but you are welcome to manually install from any of my fork commits on github and shoot me PMs if you run into problems.

https://github.com/robnewton/script.tvguide

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I use NOTFILMON instead of FILMON is here anyway to intigrate it into TVguide? FILMON does not work for me, and NOTFILMON works great!
I have tried making favorities of NOTFILMON's streams and adding them to the guide but they play for about 1 second and then stop.

(2013-02-02, 17:09)Maniac Wrote: Please Tommy, one request: If the epg for a channel is empty or blank, let it still be choosable, so that we can play the stream attached to it Smile

Ah, the source I usually use creates these "No programming" block itself, maybe I should add it to the tv guide aswell. I'll take a look Smile
Br.
Tommy
[/quote]

Any updates on this?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11