how to update .tbn file
I guess this is related to another question I asked about how to update folder.jpg file which I still have not figured out yet...

so I have movie.mkv and movie.tbn files, then I update movie.tbn to a new image, but XBMC still shows the old image. Can you explain how I can update?

If I have many thumbnails to update, is it easier just to delete the cache and start over? Where are the cache files located?
ctny Wrote:I guess this is related to another question I asked about how to update folder.jpg file which I still have not figured out yet...

so I have movie.mkv and movie.tbn files, then I update movie.tbn to a new image, but XBMC still shows the old image. Can you explain how I can update?

If I have many thumbnails to update, is it easier just to delete the cache and start over? Where are the cache files located?

i think you use the database mode. so all info and thumbnails are cached.
easily remove the move from db and scan for new content.
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
If you change the pic for a movie you will either have to delete the picture cache for XBMC or maybe you can try to change the content to nothing then back to movies and rescrape them all. If you try a Google searech for XBMC picture cache you should be able to find out where XBMC stores it at and maybe the answer to your first question as well.
muggi Wrote:i think you use the database mode. so all info and thumbnails are cached.
easily remove the move from db and scan for new content.

I didn't do anything special during install to pick database mode or not. How can I check, or choose a different method? How do I clear the database? Thanks.
block134 Wrote:If you change the pic for a movie you will either have to delete the picture cache for XBMC or maybe you can try to change the content to nothing then back to movies and rescrape them all. If you try a Google searech for XBMC picture cache you should be able to find out where XBMC stores it at and maybe the answer to your first question as well.

I found a reference to updating thumbnails from google.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...of_an_icon

However, this is for linux. I am on a windows 7 box and there is no sqlite3 command...
I found the answer. I deleted this folder, and all the thumbnails were regenerated!

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to update .tbn file0