XBMC not showing up on Xbox 360
I am trying to test XBMC installed on Ubuntu 11.10 and I have it installed with a few issues.

1.) Mkv's buffer and are very choppy to unwatchable
2.) XBMC doesn't appear on the 360 but the videos are pulling fine from a windows computer
3.) This is all being tested in Virtualbox

I can stream avi,mpeg and mkv to the 360 with this correct? why isn't it showing up?
no. xbmc is not a transcoder.
you say no, but I have been able to stream some of the avi's from my ubuntu box to the 360. so why did you tell me no?
sentinelace Wrote:you say no, but I have been able to stream some of the avi's from my ubuntu box to the 360. so why did you tell me no?

He said it's not a transcoder. XBox does not do .mkv, avi's are fine as XBox is equipped to handle them. XBMC will not transcode say an H264 to XVid, so it won't stream thru the XBox.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but what is the point of streaming from xbmc to your xbox 360? I would think your goal would be to use XBMC on your TV, rather than Xbox360 which is very limited.
Maybe the OP has XBMC for use on one television and the XBox on another. Since XBMC can be set up as a DLNA server, this should work.

As has been posted, MKVs will not work on your XBox, because it cannot handle that container. You'll either have to convert to another container or not watch that content on your XBox. Your MKVs are probably buffering due to XBMC being on a virtual machine. What kind of content is stored within the MKV, SD, HD, codec, etc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not showing up on Xbox 3600