Names in Music library
Hi,

Being a bit new to XBMC I may have a very basic question.

When you list albums, the names in the list are like this;

NAME OF ALBUM - NAME OF SONG - NAME OF ARTIST

Is there a way to change this to for instance;

NAME OF SONG - NAME OF ARTIST - NAME OF ALBUM

Regards,

Bo
Go to System -> Settings -> Music -> File Lists

Check out "Track naming template"
Hi,

I did just that, but it is not taking effect on the list. I changed it to "%T", but it made no difference.

Is there something I have to do to turn it on? I restarted XBMC, but alas.

Bo
Working fine for me. I normally have it set to [%N. ]%A - %T (which is the default) and I just changed it to %T and everything apart from the song title didn't show up anymore. You don't have to enable anything else for it to work.

What confuses me is that you say "When you list albums" and then say that the name of the song is part of the title which doesn't make sense in the album view. Are you listing albums or are you listing songs of an album?
Furthermore, as I already mentioned, the default template is "[%N. ]%A - %T" so I'm wondering why yours is different. That would mean that you have already changed it once and it worked.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Maybe we are talking two different listsHuh

I am talking about the one which I see on the right side, when I go into

->Music->Artists, select an artist, and then one of the listed albums.

There I see a list of songs, listed by "NameOfAlbum" - "NameOfSong" - "NameOfArtist".

When I change "Track naming template" to "%T", where should I see that change?

Bo
Yeah we are talking about the same thing. It doesn't matter how you get into the song listing, whether it is through Artists -> Albums -> Songs or through Albums -> Songs or through Genre etc. The default listing should be "Tracknumber". "Artist" - "Song" and changing it works perfectly fine here.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

I have searched around, and can't find a rest to all the varius settings. Is there a way, without loosing the library?

Bo

PS - thanks for all the prompt feedback.
Hi,

I deleted the "guisettings.xml", and all is sorted out.

Bo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Names in Music library0