TV Shows
I created a file source linked to a folder called "TV Shows", gave it a file tipe of "TV Shows" and ran an automated scan. Now, in the XBMC main menu there is a TV Shows item but it lists 0 shows. I also wanted a separate menu for DVD's so I created a DVD folder and made a file link in XBMC with a type of Movie. However, there is no DVD menu item in XBMC. Does it not work that way? I had hope to separate my blu ray library from my DVD library.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
The TV Shows button on your main menu is called "TV Shows" because it links to the TV Shows library, not because you named that particular media source "TV Shows". So adding a media source named "DVDs" will not create a menu button called "DVDs". If you set the source type of the source "DVDs" to Movies ("This directory contains: Movies"), these files will appear in your movie library together with all other movies.

If you want a separate menu item for DVDs, there are a couple of ways to achieve that. Which skin are you using?

And for TV shows, make sure your files and directories are named properly.
Oh jeez sorry. I am so into this I am repeating myself. I thought maybe it was a skin problem so right now I am using the default Confluence skin.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
By the way THANKS it's working great. Can I separate the folders by season like 24 Season 1, 24 Season 2, etc.? Right now it just says 24 and lists my file names like s01e01 etc. To the far left is something like sx1ex1 or something, I forget.
If you only have one season of the show, all episodes will appear in the same view in the TV show library (note: library mode, not file mode). "Season 1", "Season 2" etc will appear when you add episodes from more than one season.

If all your episodes are stored in one directory (called "24") on your hard disk, and are not divided into sub-directories for each season, then the episodes will appear as you described above when you browse in file mode.
@patseguin

You seem to ask a lot of questions that are covered well on the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

That way you can read around topics to gain a good knowledge rather than ask specific questions and hense save yourself sometime.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Will do pseudo. dnixx: So if I have all the seasons of 24 in one directory I will see different seasons in library mode, just not file mode, correct?
patseguin Wrote:dnixx: So if I have all the seasons of 24 in one directory I will see different seasons in library mode, just not file mode, correct?

Correct. From the XBMC wiki entry on the TV show library: "You can have different seasons in different season subfolders under the individual TV Show folders if it suits you. XBMC does not use them, but they do not cause issues either. "

File mode, however, can be compared to conventional browsing of files on your computer.

The link pseudo7 gave you contains a lot of good information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows0