[XBMCbuntu] Would it be possible to build a custom install disk?
Basically i live out in BFE with no internet connection at all (i know it sucks a whole lot) and I was curious if it would be possible to modify the install package to include any emulators I wanted such as snes9x gtk or mupen64, whichever i decided to go with. As well as add in RCB, rom collection browser, and maybe a few other things. So that when i take this disc back to my house it will already have all the packages i need since i wont be able to download them from the software center, or any repository.

I want to modify the eden beta 3 xbmcbuntu iso to include these. I also want to include things like btsix and what not to get the bluetooth controllers working. Unfortunately where i live the only alternative is dial-up or satellite, neither of which i want to put money into because i dont see it as worth it, since i can use my phone for (very slow) web browsing. I can download and modify everything at work to take home.

specs for the pc:
AMD athlon II x64 3.00ghz
Nvidia 8500 GTI 512mb pci express
4g ram
250gb hard drive
shitty mobo that doesnt like to power more than one hard drive

all media is stored on a NAS using freeNAS with samba shares enabled so getting everything connected and running isnt a problem. I just need to be able to package everything together so i dont need internet.

im trying to rush and type this so sorry if i was repetitive or inconsistent.

Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction Smile

thank you in advance!
you'd better download all deb files at work and use dpkg -i at home, much more easier than playing with the build package.
However, if you refer to do so, here is the repo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] Would it be possible to build a custom install disk?0