Using NFS
I'm using nfs. I'm having problems writing the ifs.

Using the zeroconfbrowser it works. The line xbmc puts in is
zeroconf://%5fnfs%2e%5ftcp%2e%40local%2e%40MR%2diMac

But my edited source doesn't work (nfs://Volumes/Share HD/Shared Items/Media/Movies/). What is wrong with this line?

The exports file is:
/Volumes/Share\ HD/Shared\ Items -alldirs -mapall=root -ro

The idea is to input in the sources files using nfs the path to:
/Volumes/Share HD/Shared Items/Media/Movies

The Share Hd is a smartstor disk attached to the iMac.
Solved. Was missing the ip address.
Everything was working... even the thumbs were working.

Now.. a few hours later and trying to access the files I get the message Could not connect to network server" on XBMC

From debug I can see the following message:

ERROR: Failed to open(//Media/Movies/) opendir call failed with "Server responded: Procedure not available"
22:32:14 T:110465024 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://MR-iMac.home/Volumes/Share HD/Shared Items/Media/Movies/

I have a Time Capsule between the atv2 and the iMac Lion server.
After doing "nfsd restart" the files are back.... Any turnaround for this?
use the ip instead of the servername...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hope OP doesn't mind me asking in his thread.

I'm trying to add a NFS share from my Lion mac to the ATV2. After going nuts trying to set it up, I've been able to get XBMC to recognize the share. Problem is that it doesn't show any files, it just gives me the file path. If I add the NFS share into Finder, I am able to view the files normally.

My exports file looks like this (I've tried -mapall=501, -mapall=nobody, and -mapall=root)

/files path -mapall=root -alldirs -ro

Appreciate any help
Click the nfs link in my signature and obey that plist change which is stated there...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:Click the nfs link in my signature and obey that plist change which is stated there...

That's already done.

One thing I just realized, the xbmc path shows as nfs://1.2.3.4//path/to/folder. If I only put in one slash after the ip, xbmc does not find the nfs share
post a log with debug turned on - correct url is with one slash only...
With one slash XBMC is not able to connect to the share at all and gives the error "could not connect to network server"

Here's the log, http://pastebin.com/MME9aj7G

My nfsd plist file, http://pastebin.com/Vtp4Emnj

Thanks again
I've figured it out, I'm an idiot. Didn't realize the share path is case sensitive. Working now, still feel like an idiot
i facepalm myself too Big Grin
I am having trouble with the NFS setup as well. I am getting the folder but no contents. I was followed the tutorial but when I go to edit the exports file in nano it says permission denied to write the fileHuh Any help would be appreciated. I have edited the plist to include the -N. And still nothing.
sudo nano /etc/exports
I had the same issue and I discovered that you have to load and unload the process via launchctl, killing or restarting it didn’t apply the -N parameter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using NFS0