Launch chromium from XBMCBUNTU B3
Hi folks,

a little help is needed. I would like to launch the Chromium browser directly from XBMC. Some early days I did manage to get the Firefox launch directly with Vikjon howto advices http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=518887&postcount=1. Now it is said that the Chromium is already there and can be launched also with Advanced launcher.

Should I do same kind of fluxbox etc.. things with this.
Make launch script and so on.

Some advices are welcome.

Br, Z
Quote:Should I do same kind of fluxbox etc.. things with this.
I guess to except eden comes with openbox not fluxbox. I havent tested it though.
vikjon0 Wrote:I guess to except eden comes with openbox not fluxbox. I havent tested it though.

If You have time...
Your advices and guides are always very good
to follow for Linux noobs like me.

Br, Z
I would also like this capability. Ideally I could have a "Browser" item on the main menu but one step at a time.

I tried following directions from previous posts. Basically I added the Advanced Launcher to the Programs item. I've tried to identify the Chromium Browser as the target to run but I can't get it to work. It tries. When I hit enter on the item I've called Chromium Browser it pushes XBMC back and brings up some sort of session that takes up about a quarter of my screen. I think it may be a terminal session on the Ubuntu desktop but it flashes by pretty quickly. It just quickly flashes up and then closes and it's back to XBMC, all in a half second or so.

Does anyone have this working?
how did the script look?
:-) I think that answers the question. I didn't use a script. The post I used, which I should have included or linked, had me starting the program directly. The biggest problem I had was finding the executable.

Your response indicates I'll need to use a script. I've seen several posts from you on the subject so I'll try it with scripts.

Thank you.
read the thread

Quote:a little help is needed. I would like to launch the Chromium browser directly from XBMC. Some early days I did manage to get the Firefox launch directly with Vikjon howto advices http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=518887&postcount=1. Now it is said that the Chromium is already there and can be launched also with Advanced launcher.

vikjon0 Wrote:I guess to except eden comes with openbox not fluxbox. I havent tested it though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch chromium from XBMCBUNTU B30