Are you f-ing serious?
Haha he spent an hour and a half! And on software that is called beta.

I mean really? I hope you are a troll, cause otherwise you have a lot to learn. You should listen for a while before you shoot off your mouth about free stuff.
I think Devon's definitely experiencing some I-D 10T errors.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
PMSL looks like someone needed to vent Big Grin
I prefer the "throw keyboard on the ground and jump up and down on it method"
far more satisfying
Thanks. Haven't seen a good rant in a while.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

rocking xbmcfreak beta3 v32 and HDMI works flawlessly. I've never had it work any easier than just toggling a few audio settings via the GUI....

1080P MKV no problem for me steaming from my unRaid server via Samba

only thing I haven't got working right is resume from standby...

-=Jason=-
Devon Wrote:Just thought I'd give the beta xbmcbuntu a go and holy sh** what a piece of trash.. . seriously, I have never used a more buggy software in my life. A word of warning for some of you. This pile wouldn't even load an MKV. Music files made the thing puke and freeze and there's 100's of people not getting sound over HDMI (including myself).

I recommend you stay with Dharma for another 2-3 years while they work out the bugs that are "eden"

In the mean time - I'm considering switching back to Windows No and media browser for my MC software... holy crap was that a frustrating hour and a half

Devon

I experienced a few hiccups with Eden the first time I installed it though they are mainly due to incompatible add-ons, which isn't an uncommon thing when software gets updated. So none of this is anyone's fault per say, it just takes time and this is after all a beta!

That put aside I have to say this is by far the best way to watch your content on a TV or PC! I recently sold my Boxee Box in favor of XBMC and the only bad thing I could say about it (if I had to) is why haven't I started using XBMC earlier?

Coming from Boxee Box I wasn't too bothered by it since XBMC already suited my needs better than Boxee Box. The more I use XBMC, the more I love it. This is hands down the best open-source software for end-users right up there with Apache! Well, even if it wasn't open source it would be up there on the top of my list, open-source is just a refreshing bonus ^_^

Put some time and effort into reading the forums and the wiki and you will find out just how powerful and customizable this free open-source software is Smile

PS: Try constructive criticism next time, you might deter a lot of potential users who otherwise would get a lot of enjoyment out of XBMC!
Flomaster Wrote:rocking xbmcfreak beta3 v32 and HDMI works flawlessly. I've never had it work any easier than just toggling a few audio settings via the GUI....

I have to +1 this. I went through hell getting it Pre-Eden to work on my ATI based system before the betas. Only gripe I have is I wish I could have a setting to have all audio outputs working at the same time.
Gentlemen, please calm down lol. I'm no troll

You're right my Linux background is about this - big, loll so please understand my frustration and yes, i was trying to save throwing my keyboard through my tv Big Grin as that is expensive and a 30 second rant is effective and cheap Cool

It also was meant to be a warning to other linux noobs like me - wait till they're done. I love XBMC but this really turned me off - should've listened to their warning.

Devon
Devon Wrote:Gentlemen, please calm down lol. I'm no troll

You're right my Linux background is about this - big, loll so please understand my frustration and yes, i was trying to save throwing my keyboard through my tv Big Grin as that is expensive and a 30 second rant is effective and cheap Cool

It also was meant to be a warning to other linux noobs like me - wait till they're done. I love XBMC but this really turned me off - should've listened to their warning.

Devon

If you want to use XBMC in Linux then I would recommend XBMC Live which is a Disc Image with a graphical installer. OpenElec is also a good alternative although I believe they're running Dharma at the moment.

Read Lifehacker's article if you want to know more about OpenElec.
jmarshall Wrote:Thanks. Haven't seen a good rant in a while.

Unfortunately you still haven't. Pretty piss-poor effort IMO.
magao Wrote:Unfortunately you still haven't. Pretty piss-poor effort IMO.

same here, I was so hoping for an awesome rant including personal insults to all the devs and blaming world&cat for not being able to properly install software that's still in beta state but this... ah well. better luck next time Cool
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Devon Wrote:...seriously, I have never used a more buggy software in my life....

never played skyrim then? Rolleyes
Hannes The Hun Wrote:same here, I was so hoping for an awesome rant including personal insults to all the devs and blaming world&cat for not being able to properly install software that's still in beta state but this... ah well. better luck next time Cool

hahahaha, had I paid for the software absolutely. But these guys churn out some pretty amazing stuff considering it's open source
Devon Wrote:hahahaha, had I paid for the software absolutely. But these guys churn out some pretty amazing stuff considering it's open source

And that's why if you're going to rant, do it properly. These guys have put a lot of time and effort into this software, so please do them the courtesy of putting significant effort into your rant next time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are you f-ing serious?0