• 145(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2018-02-15, 02:07)Govnah Wrote: One of the KODI developers pointed me to the UWP FAQ and I assume this is the issue:

Python _subprocess module is not available on UWP, so an author of the add-on must work around or not use it for UWP.The following lines:

That's weird, but OK.  I'll work on a patch.
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

2.1.1~beta4 is available from my beta repo.  It (hopefully) fixes the issue where AS crashes when using the Windows Store version of Kodi.

@Govnah, please see if this works for you.  The only thing I can say for sure is that it doesn't crash on my systems, but then it didn't crash before.  Wink
(2018-02-15, 23:25)pkscout Wrote: NEW BETA AVAILABLE

2.1.1~beta4 is available from my beta repo.  It (hopefully) fixes the issue where AS crashes when using the Windows Store version of Kodi.

@Govnah, please see if this works for you.  The only thing I can say for sure is that it doesn't crash on my systems, but then it didn't crash before.  Wink
 Thanks! Will try and report back... Update, works great and no errors. Thank you very much!!
Love this addon....

I can't seem to the the Artist bio to display.  It has download (I can see it).  I am sure I am overlooking a setting some place.  Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks....
Isn't the Artist Bio stored in the Artist.nfo file?
(2018-03-20, 21:13)Powerhouse Wrote: Isn't the Artist Bio stored in the Artist.nfo file?
 I am seeing a file called theaudiodbartistbio.nfo.........however it nor the theaudiodbartistsalbums.nfo will display when I play music.  Just need to know what setting I have overlooked so I can enable it so it will display.

Johnny
(2018-03-20, 17:40)johnny_swindle Wrote: Love this addon....

I can't seem to the the Artist bio to display.  It has download (I can see it).  I am sure I am overlooking a setting some place.  Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks....
 If you're using my Estuary mod, the artist bio isn't displayed anywhere.  Nor are the artist albums or similar albums shown.  If you're using another skin that supports AS, you might want to check with the skin author.  AS basically just dumps all the information somewhere a skin can use it.  How it gets implemented is up to the skin author.
Thank you....I will contact the skin author.
(2018-03-21, 04:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 17:40)johnny_swindle Wrote:  
 If you're using my Estuary mod, the artist bio isn't displayed anywhere.  Nor are the artist albums or similar albums shown.  If you're using another skin that supports AS, you might want to check with the skin author.  AS basically just dumps all the information somewhere a skin can use it.  How it gets implemented is up to the skin author. 
Couldn't you set it up to save this information under the Artists folder (or Sub-folder)? So Skin authors have a standard location where to find this information? Similar to how CULyrics creates a folder under the Artists called Lyrics, or Artist Slideshow uses the extrafanart folder under the Artist to store extra fanart.
(2018-03-21, 19:18)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 04:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 17:40)johnny_swindle Wrote:  
Couldn't you set it up to save this information under the Artists folder (or Sub-folder)? So Skin authors have a standard location where to find this information? Similar to how CULyrics creates a folder under the Artists called Lyrics, or Artist Slideshow uses the extrafanart folder under the Artist to store extra fanart. 
Sorry, I should have been clearer.  AS sets a series of window properties that any skin can use.  So AS is already providing skin authors a set of standard things they can plug into their skins.  Where the actual data is stored on the disk is controlled by AS, but it doesn't really matter, as AS reads it as needed and, again, puts it someplace the skin author can easily get to.
(2018-03-22, 04:43)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 19:18)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 04:09)pkscout Wrote:  If you're using my Estuary mod, the artist bio isn't displayed anywhere.  Nor are the artist albums or similar albums shown.  If you're using another skin that supports AS, you might want to check with the skin author.  AS basically just dumps all the information somewhere a skin can use it.  How it gets implemented is up to the skin author.  
Sorry, I should have been clearer.  AS sets a series of window properties that any skin can use.  So AS is already providing skin authors a set of standard things they can plug into their skins.  Where the actual data is stored on the disk is controlled by AS, but it doesn't really matter, as AS reads it as needed and, again, puts it someplace the skin author can easily get to. 
 So AS does store the data somewhere, but you say it doesn't really matter. When in fact, it does matter.

Since I have multiple Kodi installs around the house, this means that each install, will have to re-download this data again. So it now takes up space on my devices (since AS is keeping the data locally, instead of on my NAS), it's more of a burden to the makers of said data (since they will have multiple machines trying to grab that data, and someone needs to pay their bandwidth bills), and there is no place for me to locate said data, (to add, edit, or whatever) to that information.

Having this data stored in the location the rest of the Artist data is, just makes a whole lot more sense for everyone.
(2018-03-22, 17:05)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2018-03-22, 04:43)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 19:18)Powerhouse Wrote: Couldn't you set it up to save this information under the Artists folder (or Sub-folder)? So Skin authors have a standard location where to find this information? Similar to how CULyrics creates a folder under the Artists called Lyrics, or Artist Slideshow uses the extrafanart folder under the Artist to store extra fanart.  
 So AS does store the data somewhere, but you say it doesn't really matter. When in fact, it does matter.

Since I have multiple Kodi installs around the house, this means that each install, will have to re-download this data again. So it now takes up space on my devices (since AS is keeping the data locally, instead of on my NAS), it's more of a burden to the makers of said data (since they will have multiple machines trying to grab that data, and someone needs to pay their bandwidth bills), and there is no place for me to locate said data, (to add, edit, or whatever) to that information.

Having this data stored in the location the rest of the Artist data is, just makes a whole lot more sense for everyone. 
 OK, I know I didn't update the wiki, but this option did get announced with the new version and is listed in the change text when you view the information on the addon.  Please make sure you are running the most current version (2.1.1) and check the settings.  In SLIDESHOW you'll see a toggles for using the local artist path for all artist images and the text information.  It can take awhile to migrate all that data, so I'd recommend doing it on one machine (just run AS manually from the program menu) until it's done, then do the next.  You'll end up with everything in one place.
Hi. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I can't seem to find the answer. When I play music, extrafanart, banner, fanart, folder, logo always get generated in the source music folder. I have a different folder set up for that, but can't seem to stop Kodi from generating all the art in the source music folders. 

Is there a simple step by step procedure to direct Kodi to download images to the folder of my choosing?
(2018-03-29, 14:36)Pitman33 Wrote: Hi. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I can't seem to find the answer. When I play music, extrafanart, banner, fanart, folder, logo always get generated in the source music folder. I have a different folder set up for that, but can't seem to stop Kodi from generating all the art in the source music folders. 

Is there a simple step by step procedure to direct Kodi to download images to the folder of my choosing?
 Artist Slideshow only downloads fanart, so if you're getting all that other stuff it's from somewhere else.  I know there are a few addons that do downloads of stuff like that for music (and movies, and TV Shows), so maybe look for something like Artwork Downloader, Artwork Beef, Artwork Organizer, or maybe even cdArt Manager.  Those are a few of the ones I know off the top of my head that download all the extra stuff.
Thanks for your reply. I disabled all the art download programs I could leaving Slideshow. But I keep getting tons of fanart, logo, banner, etc. downloading to each artist folder. I can't even see where they are coming from or how to change the folder for downloads. I'm trying to keep all the artwork in a separate drive and folder. It's really annoying. Are you sure Artist Slideshow isn't downloading all this art?
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5