• 171(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2020-07-16, 18:39)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-16, 12:00)docwra Wrote: @pkscout could you PM me the TheAudioDB api key you are using so I can re-enable it?
Sorry, I didn't realize you were the site maintainer for TheAudioDB, so the original post that was here probably made no sense.  Yes, I will send you my old key.  I did sign up for a new account, so hopefully that doesn't mess things up.  BTW, I am planning on doing the Patreon stuff, but I'm currently unemployed because of COVID-19, so funds are a bit tight.
Thanks I've re-enabled the Addons key, sorry it was my fault for removing it, as I know you were a supporter in the past. No need to sign up again.
(2020-07-16, 21:04)docwra Wrote:
(2020-07-16, 18:39)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-16, 12:00)docwra Wrote: @pkscout could you PM me the TheAudioDB api key you are using so I can re-enable it?
Sorry, I didn't realize you were the site maintainer for TheAudioDB, so the original post that was here probably made no sense.  Yes, I will send you my old key.  I did sign up for a new account, so hopefully that doesn't mess things up.  BTW, I am planning on doing the Patreon stuff, but I'm currently unemployed because of COVID-19, so funds are a bit tight.
Thanks I've re-enabled the Addons key, sorry it was my fault for removing it, as I know you were a supporter in the past. No need to sign up again.
I (and the folks that use AS) appreciate it.  I'm a big believer in supporting the things I use, so I will sign up again when I can.  While I'm on the subject, to folks using AS to make you're musi expereince more enjoyable: please support the back end services that make it possible.  That includes not just theaudiodb.com but also fanart.tv.
Hi all
How do I configure random genre fanart to be displayed when playing from this folder?
Hello and Thanks for this addon.
I use a skin which is no up to date from sometimes now and i want to use your addon, for this i modify thé musicvisualisation.xml of the skin and i was able to have slide show of artist fanarr on music payer screen.
But.....
When i came back to the home screen thé slide show stop and i have thé warning message from the addon update on black background.
I think i must made change on an other XML file but don't know witcj and how.
I using kodi 18.7 on and android tv (shield tv) with eminance 2.0 mod skin,but i was not able to have more result.
Could someone give me the step to Enable slideshow on home screen to !?
If you want images from the mucic genres\fanart\ folder to always show regardless of other available artist artwork, set it as the override slideshow.

P.S. I'm going to request that the mods merge this into the AS support thread.
@pkscout threads merged as requested, and I noticed another one.

@MrPatate as your issue seems to be with the Artist Slideshow addon and not the Estuary Mod that includes Artist Slideshow addon (since you state you use eminance 2.0 ) I've moved you post here.
(2020-07-25, 16:29)MrPatate Wrote: Hello and Thanks for this addon.
I use a skin which is no up to date from sometimes now and i want to use your addon, for this i modify thé musicvisualisation.xml of the skin and i was able to have slide show of artist fanarr on music payer screen.
But.....
When i came back to the home screen thé slide show stop and i have thé warning message from the addon update on black background.
I think i must made change on an other XML file but don't know witcj and how.
I using kodi 18.7 on and android tv (shield tv) with eminance 2.0 mod skin,but i was not able to have more result.
Could someone give me the step to Enable slideshow on home screen to !?
There was a change to how the addon provides images to the skin between AS 2.x and 3.x.  There is example code in the Artist Slideshow wiki on how to do support for the 3.x version.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Sli...sation.xml
(2020-07-25, 19:31)pkscout Wrote: If you want images from the mucic genres\fanart\ folder to always show regardless of other available artist artwork, set it as the override slideshow.

I tried setting it up like this, but it's not the same. 
Now if the artist's fanart is missing, the genre fanart is displayed (for example, a song-the genre fanart rock, rock1, rock2.. rock10 is displayed). The next song is again displayed fanart rock, rock1, rock2.. rock10.How do I set up the rock11 fanart to be displayed on the next song?
(2020-07-27, 16:32)OlegArh Wrote:
(2020-07-25, 19:31)pkscout Wrote: If you want images from the mucic genres\fanart\ folder to always show regardless of other available artist artwork, set it as the override slideshow.

Now if the artist's fanart is missing, the genre fanart is displayed (for example, a song-the genre fanart rock, rock1, rock2.. rock10 is displayed). The next song is again displayed fanart rock, rock1, rock2.. rock10.How do I set up the rock11 fanart to be displayed on the next song?
You can't. Once a different artist is playing, AS resets the slideshow and randomizes the images.  There is no checking to see if the genre changed.  The addon is, after all, called Artist Slideshow, not Genre Slideshow.  '-)
(2020-07-27, 21:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 16:32)OlegArh Wrote:

You can't. Once a different artist is playing, AS resets the slideshow and randomizes the images.  There is no checking to see if the genre changed.  The addon is, after all, called Artist Slideshow, not Genre Slideshow.  '-)
Thanks for the answer.) I am very sorry that it is not possible to configure it this way. I'm new to Kodi, so I thought it could be configured the same way as in MediaPortal,
where it's implemented. Can we do this in the next releases?
(2020-07-28, 11:44)OlegArh Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 21:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 16:32)OlegArh Wrote: I tried setting it up like this, but it's not the same. 
Thanks for the answer.) I am very sorry that it is not possible to configure it this way. I'm new to Kodi, so I thought it could be configured the same way as in MediaPortal,
I'll look at it, but probably not.  Tracking genre changes in addition to artist changes and then figuring out when to change the slides based on availability of images adds another layer of complexity onto an addon that is already more complex than I wish it was.
(2020-07-28, 18:58)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 11:44)OlegArh Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 21:13)pkscout Wrote: You can't. Once a different artist is playing, AS resets the slideshow and randomizes the images.  There is no checking to see if the genre changed.  The addon is, after all, called Artist Slideshow, not Genre Slideshow.  '-)
I'll look at it, but probably not.  Tracking genre changes in addition to artist changes and then figuring out when to change the slides based on availability of images adds another layer of complexity onto an addon that is already more complex than I wish it was.
Maybe then implement the artist's fanart display randomly? Or is it also very difficult to implement? In any case, thank you.
WBR
(2020-07-29, 11:11)OlegArh Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 18:58)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 11:44)OlegArh Wrote: Thanks for the answer.) I am very sorry that it is not possible to configure it this way. I'm new to Kodi, so I thought it could be configured the same way as in MediaPortal,
Maybe then implement the artist's fanart display randomly? Or is it also very difficult to implement? In any case, thank you.
WBR
The artist fanart is displayed randomly already.  I'd really need to see a debug log (with both Kodi and AS debug logging on) if you're seeing things in the same order every time.  I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen.
(2020-07-29, 17:55)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 11:11)OlegArh Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 18:58)pkscout Wrote: I'll look at it, but probably not.  Tracking genre changes in addition to artist changes and then figuring out when to change the slides based on availability of images adds another layer of complexity onto an addon that is already more complex than I wish it was.
WBR
The artist fanart is displayed randomly already.  I'd really need to see a debug log (with both Kodi and AS debug logging on) if you're seeing things in the same order every time.  I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

I had version 3.2.1 installed, reinstalled to version 3.2.4 Beta. Now on Blues genre fan art is displayed together (Rock, Blues, and so on) Is this the plan?
(2020-07-31, 14:10)OlegArh Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 17:55)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 11:11)OlegArh Wrote: Maybe then implement the artist's fanart display randomly? Or is it also very difficult to implement? In any case, thank you.
WBR

I had version 3.2.1 installed, reinstalled to version 3.2.4 Beta. Now on Blues genre fan art is displayed together (Rock, Blues, and so on) Is this the plan?
I've apparently not been making myself clear.  Artist Slideshow knows absolutely NOTHING about genre art.  It shows art attached to an artist or a fallback slideshow, that's it.  Whatever you are seeing is because the when the artist is playing there are images in the artist folder that either you put there or were downloaded.
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5