Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
New beta available here.

v.1.4.1.2
- updated featured artist parsing to support radio streams
- updated featured artist parsing to support calls from external scripts
- updated the notifications logic when downloading images
- added notification if no images downloaded
- added notification when all downloads complete

A few notes on the updates.

I'm trying something different with the download notifications. It's apparently not possible to have a notification window persist, but I did find a way to kind of stack notifications so that (at least in Confluence) the notification window appears to persist. That is, I create a new notification before the old one expires, and that way the notification window about downloading images doesn't go away until the downloads are done (well, most of the time anyway). Then you will get a final notification that either all images were downloaded or that no images were downloaded. I'm hoping other skins stack notifications the same way. If you're using something other than Confluence, please let me know if you have undesirable UI output from this. If you override the download notification with your own image, you won't see any of this.

EDIT: As pointed out below, this kind of violates the spirit of the XBMC GUI, so I've gone back to a single, non-persistent notification when downloads start and then a notification at the end with success or failure.

I also got annoyed when an artist that has no local or remote images kept giving me the notifications, so I've set it so that after the first attempt, an artist with no images will only show notifications once a month. Artist Slideshow will always try and download images (if you're allowing downloading of images), it just won't show the notification every time.

@Wanilton @mikebzh44 All the dialog strings changed. I stuck English ones into the language files. If you could send me updates I'll add them before this ships.

If you are using an external script to call Artist Slideshow (XSqueeze is the only one I know of doing this), you can now pass in the title of the song playing as well. That allows Artist Slideshow to parse that for a featured artist (i.e. Song Name (feat. Artist). That brings external applications into feature parity with local music. See below for the updated code. I'll update the wiki when this actually ships.
Code:
def runArtistSlideshow(self):
    #startup artistslideshow
    xbmcgui.Window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()).setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.ExternalCall", "True")
    #assumes addon is using suggested infolabel name of CURRENTARTIST and CURRENTTITLE
    artistslideshow = "RunScript(script.artistslideshow,windowid=%s&artistfield=%s&titlefield=%s)" % (xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId(), "CURRENTARTIST", "CURRENTTITLE")
    xbmc.executebuiltin(artistslideshow)

self.thread = threading.Thread(target=self.runArtistSlideshow)
self.thread.setDaemon(True)
self.thread.start()

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by pkscout - 2012-08-11, 12:14
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5