Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2012-08-11, 12:53)mikebzh44 Wrote: For external script, I'm writing a new one for downloading images and informations (similar artists, ...). For now, script is called when I display Artist information. Everthing is working when no song is currently playing. But if I start playing a song from U2 for example and I display information for Coldplay, my script didn't work, nothing appens until I stop the current song, so Artist Slideshow is called. I must go deeper in debugging.

I don't think you can have two instances of Artist Slideshow running. I remember trying to have multiple instances running when we first started this external call thing, and it never worked. The only way I can think to get around this is to have your script check and see if AS is running. If it is you have to kill it, then start it again with your call, then kill that one, and then start it up again. That feels like a huge kludge, but then I think in your instance we're pushing AS well past its intended use.
(2012-08-11, 14:27)bossanova808 Wrote: 1. Gotta say, and no disrespect, but I find the persistent notifications not a great idea at all. Nothing else in XBMC does this and I find it weird looking (it looks like a hang) and intrusive...it means that any other notifications will struggle to get in front, right? My vote on this behaviour would be a big no...

Oh fine, be that way. Big Grin I went back to a single notification on download start with one at the end. I updated the post above indicating I went back to the old behavior so nobody gets confused about this conversation. It was an interesting programming experiment if nothing else, and it only required changing one line of code to get the old behavior back. If enough folks say they really like the persistent notification, I'll probably just add it as an option (and default it to off).

Quote:2. I don't see any logging of the current title like you do the current artist - would be handy to see this so I can confirm it's being passed in ok?

Added (I think). Just re-download from the link above.

Quote:3. I am still not getting bios at least some of the time. Did you get a chance to look at the logs I emailed? Maybe I am just not waiting long enough - does it do the bio at the beginning (it seemed so in the past) - or has this changed?

I could never find anything any those logs that told me why you wouldn't be getting bios. So I ignored the problem and hoped it would go away. Big Grin I double checked, and the bio is, in theory, downloaded and the skin properties updated after the first image is completely downloaded. If there is nothing to download, it does it right after it figures out there is nothing to download. If there are existing images it downloads it before starting to download any other images. Finally, if there are local images it downloads the artist bio after setting the display directory.

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by pkscout - 2012-08-11, 23:02
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5