Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2013-07-08, 04:36)rubpa Wrote: I would like to know who controls the display of images - the skin or the slideshow plugin? Can I make all artists appear with equal frequency?

Both the skin and Artist Slideshow control some portion of the display. Artist Slideshow controls *what* gets displayed. It does this by placing images in various directories and then telling the skin which directory it should use to display images. The skin controls *how* the images get displayed (where, for how long, etc.). The skin does that by using something called a multiimage control. There is more information on the multi-image control at:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ge_Control

If you looked at the example in the link above, you'll see that the skin can control things like position and size, whether the images will be displayed randomly or in order, how long an image will stay on the screen, how long to fade between images, etc. The suggestion I make to skinners is that the multiimage control have random images displayed for 10 seconds with a 2 fade time.

Given all that, the short answer to "can I have 2 artists show up with the same frequnecy" is no.

Here's the long answer. Even if you had the same number of images for each artist, XBMC selects one at random from the list each time it gets ready to display until it's out of images. Then it starts over. Because the selection is random, it is completely possible that you will get a bunch from one artist and almost nothing from the other. The only way I could guarantee equal frequency is if I had the same number of images for each artist (meaning either duplicating images for the lesser quantity or throwing away some from the greater quantity) and I put them in the exact order I wanted to show them (alternating artists) and the skin author agreed to change the skin display from random to ordered. And at the end you would get the exact same images in the exact same order time after time after time.

As I think about it, you can achieve what you want now by modifying the Aeon Nox skin to show images in order rather than randomly (or ask them to put an option in for it). You would have to ask the Aeon Nox folks where the multiimage control is that displays the stuff from Artist Slideshow. Then set AS to use local images first and make sure any artist who shares credit on a song has images in your local images location. When naming the images, put '1-' in front of the first image you want to display from that artist. Then '2-' and so on. Do that for every artist who shared credit on any song. Then when you show the visualization you will get them with the same frequency. Unfortunately for you will always get the same images in the same order, so if you have lots of artwork you might never see the stuff at the end of the list. This would also be true for single artists as well.

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by pkscout - 2013-07-08, 05:21
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5