Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2013-09-06, 09:33)capfuturo Wrote: Three topics I'd like to discuss with you for which I have got a full debug log here:

You've got a number of things here that are sort of interrelated, and at least one that has nothing to do with Artist Slideshow. I'll try and help where I can.

Quote:The AS Wiki says on item 4.1: 'Artist bio and album list come from theaudiodb.com by default and from last.fm if nothing is found on TheAudioDB', however even when the Bios are present in TheAudioDB, they are currently coming from Last.fm and they are being passed to the GUI totally truncated. I have compared the texts present on last.fm and apparently they get truncated right before any url link present on the text.

Last.fm truncates the bio when you request it via their API. I found something that says they will send you the first 300 characters, but I have found sometimes you get more, and sometimes you get less. So it doesn't matter how complete the bio is on the web site, I can only show what Last.fm decides to send. I'll touch on why you're not getting theaudiodb.com bio further down.

Quote:Now, it is disconcerting to see that the 'bios' presented on the 'Artist Information pane' –which I can tell are from TheAudioDB– are coming perfectly fine and presented with scrolling function to show them in their entirety. So the thing is, why the biography on the previous AS view is coming from Last.fm and not from TheAudioDB, given that the former is obviously truncated and the later present in TheAudioDB and correctly displayed on XBMC? The wiki, and my common sense, say there is a scraping order which I don't see it happening.

The bio on the Artist Information page is taken from the XBMC database and is populated based on your scraper. That is completely independent of what Artist Slideshow displays. I may in the future see if I can pull the stored bio and display that. Last time I checked it didn't seem like there was a way to do that.

Quote:2) Artist thumb persistently wrong

Artist Slideshow doesn't have anything to do with the Artist thumbnail. You will have to ask the developer for the skin you are using about that.

Quote:I have thousands of albums, each one with its musicbrainz link within an album.nfo placed within the album folder. This is the way I have chosen for getting the right album scraped and all the associated extras such as artist, reviews, styles, moods, etc., specially for album names that have ETIs (extended title information) as suffixes in the album name, e.g. (UK 1978 Special Edition), (France 2003 Maxi-Single), etc..., when I look at the debug log I see some specific lines of code (pasted below) and I get worried because I can't keep creating new NFOs for this and for that, you know what I mean? There are certain standards in XBMC that are desirable to work with and in this sense I'd like to know if there is a way to have AS reading the musicbrainz link (and perhaps some other NFO info) from within the existent album.nfo inside the album folder? Could this be related, to a certain extend, to the issue mentioned on item 2)?

Not at this time, and possibly never. The MusicBrainz support in AS was a hack when it looked like htbackdrops.com was gone for good and we needed access to other image repositories. Since full support for storing MusicBrainz IDs didn't make it for XBMC 12, I had to resort to caching the MBID locally. I'm hoping XBMC 13 has complete MusicBrainz support in the scappers so that the MBID can be stored in the XBMC database. Then I can retrieve it that way.

Quote:
Code:
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling player.getitem
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for a musicbrainz ID for artist Tori Amos feat. Damien Rice
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for musicbrainz ID in the musicbrainz.nfo file
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no musicbrainz ID found in musicbrainz.nfo file
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] current artist is Tori Amos feat. Damien Rice with a mbid of
03:24:46 T:4741799936   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] looking for local artwork

And here may lie a significant part of your challenge. In this particular example, the artist that was passed to AS was "Tori Amos feat. Damien Rice." There is obviously no artist by that name. For multiple artists you either have to name them so that XBMC can parse them (I think the default is artist1 / artist2) or you have to put the featured artist information in the title (i.e. songname (feat. artist2) ). There were simply too many potential ways to split up multiple artists to keep track of, so that's why I went with whatever XBMC passes as the list of artists.

Back to your bio issue. If you are seeing lots of lines that say something like "current artist is [artist name] with a mbid of " and there is nothing after that, then AS could not find a MBID for the given artist. AS looks in MusicBrainz using the following logic:

1- AS asks for a list of artists based on the artist name passed by XBMC
2- AS then asks for a list of all albums for the first artist in the list
3- if AS finds a matching album to the one that is playing, it stops and returns the MBID
4- If not, it goes to the next artist returned from MusicBrainz.
5- If it gets to the end of the artist list from MusicBrainz, it then goes back to the top and asks for a list of all the songs from the first artist in the list.
6- if AS finds a matching song to the one that is playing, it stops and returns the MBID
7- if not, it goes to the next artist

If after all that AS can't find a match, it returns any empty MBID.

I suspect I haven't helped you much, but these are the best answers I can give you.

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by pkscout - 2013-09-06, 23:32
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5