Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2018-01-01, 17:14)hoschilo Wrote: Despite I have stored al fanart on my NAS - Artistinformation are still located in my profile folder. This is not really bothering me but it would be nice to have all information in one place, especially if you are forced to do a clean install due to whatever reason
I thought about doing that, but I'm hesitant to clutter up those directories with more stuff. A lot of folks having their music and fanart in one directory structure and have been resistant to having more stuff stored there. All the stuff in the Artist Information Folder is downloaded, so if you ever do a clean install, AS will download that stuff again. And since the images would all still be in your other directory, they wouldn't have to be downloaded again.

Quote:I also noticed in the log file that the Programm always reports that it does not find artwork on a specific artist folder, despite the fact that it already exist (i.e. smb://DISKSTATION/photo/kodifanart/India.Arie\extrafanart does not exist, creating it)
There's a weird thing with the built in function to check to see if a directory exists that if the directory doesn't have a trailing slash the function returns FALSE. I went though and tried to find all those, but it's not a huge deal, as when AS tries to create the directory it fails because it already exists.

Quote:For the song Space Captain of Herbie with two featured artists (Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks) AS builds three folders apart from already existing Herbie Hancock;: Susan Tedeschi / Derek Trucks / Susan Tedeschi and Dereck Trucks. The first two folder containing one artist picture each in the last folder none is available -  I wonder whether this really makes sense to have this "combination folders". By the way AS does only show Herbies Artwork for this song but I have tried other Songs with featured artists where it seems to work correctly - I guess this addon does not like Herbie's music ;-)
In the case of Space Captain Kodi reports that there are three artists in the meta data: Herbie Hancock, Susan Tedeschi, and Derek Trucks. There is also a featured artist in the title, "Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks." So AS parses that and adds that artist exactly as entered, as AS only splits featured artists in the title when they are separated by ' / ' (that's space slash space). That's why you get that last folder. And since neither fanart.tv or theaudiodb will find an artist named 'Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks' you get an empty directory.

As for the featured artists not showing, there is an error in the log about a file that couldn't be deleted in the merge directory. Could you check and see if user_data/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/merge is empty? If not, delete the merge directory and let AS recreated a new one. Maybe that will help.

Quote:A cosmetic issue is that that the folder are named firstname-name whereas the Artworks are names name-firstname-XXXXX.XXX. I don't have any problem with that
Folders are named based on the data provided by Kodi which is always going to be first name last name. The image names are the names that the various services use, so one of the services uses lastname-firstname-xxxx for it's naming convention.

Quote:What does "fuzzy search" exactly do?
That let's an artist with a "bad" character in their name (like AC/DC) match on the OS safe name (i.e. AC_DC).

Messages In This Thread
New Test Version Available - by pkscout - 2012-03-08, 16:26
[No subject] - by mardup - 2012-03-10, 12:26
[No subject] - by pkscout - 2012-03-11, 01:35
RE: - by mardup - 2012-03-12, 17:50
RE: - by pkscout - 2012-03-13, 03:22
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-13, 17:54
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-07-14, 22:50
Pull Request for v1.4 Submitted - by pkscout - 2012-07-20, 23:01
New Beta Version for Testing - by pkscout - 2012-08-10, 03:18
New Frodo BETA Support Files - by pkscout - 2012-11-21, 06:20
New 2.0.0 Beta Coming Soon - by pkscout - 2016-05-12, 02:54
Writing tips - by Parkerbup - 2017-02-03, 14:56
RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - by pkscout - 2018-01-01, 22:42
Add-on Artist Slideshow - by jo26 - 2014-08-08, 22:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5