• 6(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
(2013-03-21, 01:05)mbc0 Wrote: Apologies for my confusion, I am also using Aeon Nox (What a great looking skin!) and have now placed the code in the correct place and it is working perfectly!! however I would love to know how you add it to the context menu if you wouldn't mind sharing :-)

Many Thanks Again Everyone

No problem,
whenever we help somebody, the plugin gets more known. With growing popularity major skins will support it out of the box. Aeon Nox promised already to support it in the future.

To add "Extras" button to the context menu you have to edit the DialogContextMenu.xml in 1080i folder.
There you have to chose your preferred place for it to appear. I chose to show it before the "Trailer" button.
So for my particular case:
1. Find the button with id="2017" (it's the one for trailers)
2. Paste the following code between </control> and <control type="button" id="2017">:
Code:
<control type="button" id="2016">
                <width>462</width>
                <height>58</height>
                <textoffsety>12</textoffsety>
                <align>center</align>
                <texturefocus>dialogs/context_highlight.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus>dialogs/context_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <label>Extras</label>
                <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                <textcolor>context</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white2</focusedcolor>
                <colordiffuse>$VAR[SpotColorVar2]</colordiffuse>
                <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
                <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>            
</control>
3. Save the file and start or restart XBMC

That's all. I hope it works for you.
Really enjoying this feature! many many thanks :-)

I have used TVTunes for all my TV Music, is there a movie tune scraper available or am I just being lazy? ;-)

(2013-03-22, 12:33)seeebek Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 01:05)mbc0 Wrote: Apologies for my confusion, I am also using Aeon Nox (What a great looking skin!) and have now placed the code in the correct place and it is working perfectly!! however I would love to know how you add it to the context menu if you wouldn't mind sharing :-)

Many Thanks Again Everyone

No problem,
whenever we help somebody, the plugin gets more known. With growing popularity major skins will support it out of the box. Aeon Nox promised already to support it in the future.

To add "Extras" button to the context menu you have to edit the DialogContextMenu.xml in 1080i folder.
There you have to chose your preferred place for it to appear. I chose to show it before the "Trailer" button.
So for my particular case:
1. Find the button with id="2017" (it's the one for trailers)
2. Paste the following code between </control> and <control type="button" id="2017">:
Code:
<control type="button" id="2016">
                <width>462</width>
                <height>58</height>
                <textoffsety>12</textoffsety>
                <align>center</align>
                <texturefocus>dialogs/context_highlight.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus>dialogs/context_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <label>Extras</label>
                <font>Font_Reg19</font>
                <textcolor>context</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white2</focusedcolor>
                <colordiffuse>$VAR[SpotColorVar2]</colordiffuse>
                <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
                <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>            
</control>
3. Save the file and start or restart XBMC

That's all. I hope it works for you.

Working Perfectly! Many Thanks! :-)
(2013-03-26, 19:31)mbc0 Wrote: I have used TVTunes for all my TV Music, is there a movie tune scraper available or am I just being lazy? ;-)

No scraper that I'm aware of, but to be honest movie tunes are much easier to come by Wink
I had some time this weekend so I uninstalled XBMC, cleaned up everything including the userdata folder. Re-scanned the entire library with the recommended Advancesetting.xml (pastebin.com/Tg4JgUsf) and the "Extras" folders still got scanned. So I changed the regexp values and everything is working as it should. Here are the changes I made:

Code:
<regexp>-extras-</regexp>
<regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
<regexp>Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>extras</regexp>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>

Basically, I removed the forward slash (/) from "/Extras/" and now XBMC is ignoring the folders.

Thanks you so much brentosmith for this addition!
(2013-03-28, 07:08)MeggyChoo Wrote: I had some time this weekend so I uninstalled XBMC, cleaned up everything including the userdata folder. Re-scanned the entire library with the recommended Advancesetting.xml (pastebin.com/Tg4JgUsf) and the "Extras" folders still got scanned. So I changed the regexp values and everything is working as it should. Here are the changes I made:

Code:
<regexp>Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>extras</regexp>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>

Basically, I removed the forward slash (/) from "/Extras/" and now XBMC is ignoring the folders.

Thanks you so much brentosmith for this addition!

That did the trick for me, good work! Big Grin
(2013-03-06, 03:26)brentosmith Wrote: Image

Please excuse the stupid newbie question, but which skin is this? I'm just getting started.
The skin in the pictures is Aeon Nox 4.0 with the DVD a extras add-on Wink
Thanks. I've added the add-on via zip installer and edited the XML files, but no joy yet. Do I need to be in a specific view?
(2013-04-03, 14:20)caffeinedreamer Wrote: Thanks. I've added the add-on via zip installer and edited the XML files, but no joy yet. Do I need to be in a specific view?

If you've done everything correctly, to get to what you see in the first pic simply enter Movies, find the relevant film and press "I". This should bring up the info screen, scroll right to Extras and hit Enter. Wink
If anyone is still having a problem with the extras folder being scanned you can try the following. It appears the problem was directory slashes go the other way on windows machines. This change should work on linux or windows machines.

Code:
<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>

Credit goes to q-ray for pointing this out to me.
Hello,
Just to share, I used the following addition to my DialogVideoInfo.xml so that I may have a general show bonus listing. Shows that get classified as having a real season 00 (Spartacus) or bonuses that aren't specific to an episode or season benefit from this. Then I added the Extras folder to the base directory of the TV Show.

<control type="button" id="100">
<description>Extras</description>
<include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
<label>Extras</label>
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>

On a side note, if you had the hand made season 00 folders and rearrange your bonus features in order to fully utilize this addon, they will show up twice in the list if you forget you don't need the nfo files in the extras folder..just trying to save somebody a little headache.
This addon was even more exciting to me when I finally figured out how to do it on the Pivos and bypassing the access denied errors.
I posted about this and even made a mock up Image
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159432
I would like to thank Brentosmith and Deano316 for their enthusiasm and work on the Extras concept, something badly missing from XBMC. I am new to the world of XBMC but already finding myself up to my neck in complicated changes to files and settings that new guys like me should stay away from! I finally managed to get the Extras concept working last night, and thought I would point out some of the basic errors a rookie can make in order to save someone time. I own a Mac so this is specifically aimed at Mac users but PC users may get something out of this too. Here are my notes to add to this discussion:

1) Brentosmith's Extras button is specifically for the skin Aeon Nox. You can use it in Confluence, but you have to place the code in a different place as previously mentioned in this thread. Also the button tends to extend itself off screen in Confluence, unlike Aeon Nox. It works, but isn't quite as pretty.
2) Confluence can be edited by going to XBMC in Applications, right click, and show package contents. You will find DialogVideoInfo.xml in there.
3) For Aeon Nox, if you want to edit DialogVideoInfo.xml, it is in this location on your Mac: <your home user name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i. To edit it, used TextEdit. It may not open in TextEdit, especially if you have Dreamweaver loaded. Right click the file and choose the application TextEdit to open the file, and tick the tick box always open this type of file with TextEdit (i.e. XML files). That will make your life easier.
4) The code you put in the file DialogVideoInfo.xml is the following:

<control type="button" id="100">
<include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
<label>Extras</label>
</control>

I found it worked quite well if it was placed after the section entitled <control type="button" id="24">. 6 lines down from this there is the line </control>. I put the above code after that. For me this was line 895. You can jump quickly to line 895 by typing CMD-L then entering 895. You will see the lines I mean. Once put in, the Extras button in XBMC doesn't elongate like it does in Confluence.
5) Brentosmith explains you need to download his ZIP file and install into XBMC. It wasn't immediately obvious what I was supposed to do, and I wondered if I would face the problem of EXEs that are PC only. As this is specific XML code for XBMC, it works universally so no worries there. You download the ZIP file from his web page as mentioned on this thread. Put it somewhere safe like the XBMC folder if you like where we saw the DialogVideoInfo.xml file. Then in XBMC, go to SYSTEM on the home page, and ADDONS. There you can 'Install from Zip file'. Use that and navigate to where you put the ZIP file you downloaded and install it.
6) You also need to edit or make a new advancedsettings.xml. This is in the following folder, and if not, needs to be created in the following folder: Mac: <your home user name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata. Because as a rookie you probably don't have an advancedsettings.xml file, you will need to make one. This although easy on the surface, can be a major pitfall if you don't get it right, and this seriously held me back for a couple of days. Open TextEdit and copy paste the following:

<advancedsettings>

<video>
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

</advancedsettings>

Then make sure you do the following or it won't work! Go to Format and make sure you select 'Make Plain Text'. If it says 'Make Rich Text' you can leave it because it is already plain text. Now save it as advancedsettings.xml including the suffix as written. Put it in the aforementioned folder.
7) Using this Extras feature with video files and TV series works well. Just add the folder Extras into your Season folder for example, and put the extras in there for the season. Or for individual episodes with features you might need to make specific folders for them. Here is an example for Doctor Who. If you have a story like Warriors of the Deep which has 4 episodes and with extras, you could have the following folder structure - Doctor Who/S21E01E02E03E04/Doctor Who - S21E01 Warriors of the Deep 1.mkv etc. and next to these 4 episodes, the folder Extras. Inside that goes '[1]The Depths - The Making of Warriors of the Deep.mkv' etc. The numbering i.e. [1] is optional and allows you to rank your extras in order of importance. This allows you to keep the extras for this story with this story alone and means you can have specific extras grouped with specific stories. I haven't fully tested this aspect out yet, but I think this is the way to go.

If I can think of any more points for rookies I'll let you know, but I'll keep reading this thread with interest and thank you once again to the developers and I hope this information I have added further helps those out there who are new to the scene.

Additional: One thing I have been having problems with is fan art / thumbnails in Frodo. I have observed the new methods of dealing with art on the help page but XBMC isn't using them. The only place I have managed to observe the art is when you press (I)nformation on an episode and you can see it on the right. But it doesn't change it automatically. I would like XBMC Frodo to see if there is art in the folder with the appropriate naming and use it on Update Library. But as far as I can tell, so long as there is existing art in the Thumbnails folder in Application Support, it doesn't check for local art in the media folders. The art in the XBMC Thumbnails folder though is coded with an internal numbering system which makes it difficult to edit. It would be much easier to leave this well alone and just drop jpgs into the relevant folders. Perhaps this works and I'm doing something wrong, perhaps some setting. I notice across the forum there are more seasoned XBMC users who are having art problems with their set up, however I am starting from scratch and following the help page. I wonder what I am doing wrong. Is everyone else having success with local art and fan art in their media folders under Frodo, whether it is Confluence or Aeon Nox?

Additional 2: Also has anyone seen the issue where the thumbnail of TV series and episodes is cropped left and right as if the new Frodo settings is different in terms of scale? It seems to crop the JPGs from TVDB and produces an unsatisfactory result.
Sadly I did not see this mod until after I upgraded to 12.1 on windows and already had my content loaded. I used to do the old hack of just marking my Extras folders as 'hidden' which would be excluded from XBMC.
Then if I wanted to browse the Extras I would have to use the file browser and have to 'know' that they existed. This obviously is not an ideal solution.

As you may know I am a sickbeard user, which means that I have my tv shows labeled nicely with S##E## in all the files including the Specials. With each seasons episodes placed in their perspective season folders.
Then for any episodes that aren't on the tvdb you put in the shows subfolder called 'Extras' (case sensitive) which are excluded in sickbeard from its scans. Which sounds like this mod would complement very well.

However, I just need some information to clarify to make sure my structure and my understanding of this mod is right and also I have some suggestions.

For TV shows you really have two main structures that are popular within XBMC. Those that use Season folders and those that don't. For this conversation lets focus on the Season folder method.

Generally all my shows are structured as:
T:\TV\Show Name\Season ##\files
With my specials in the 'Season 00' or 'Specials' folders. XBMC supports both formats and all this works well.

Some examples of show structure that have extras, notice that either I have lose files in the Extras folder or a collection of specific extras files (could be for a season or not) that are grouped in a subfolder within Extras:
T:\TV\Psych\Extras\Psych.S03.EXTRAS.DVDRip.XviD-iNGOT\files
T:\TV\Sherlock\Extras\Sherlock.S02.EXTRAS.720p.BluRay.x264-SHORTBREHD\files
T:\TV\Top Gear\Extras\files
T:\TV\Top Gear\Extras\Top.Gear.S17.EXTRAS.720p.BluRay.x264-aAF\files
T:\TV\Top Gear\Extras\Top.Gear.The.Challenges.Volume.2.Extras.DVDRip.XviD-NOsegmenT\files

So while yes for movies, showing a button on a specific movie to see extras that makes sense. For TV shows due to multi-seasons/multi structures.. I would think just showing an 'Extras' folder as a faux Season in the season list would be the easiest way. (not to be tossed in with specials). And inside that Extras season folder I'd like to just see the files/folders and just deal with those in the filelist view. This way I don't have to worry about nfo hacks or extras conflicting my specials (which sometime get renumbered.. it's happened to me with top gear a number of times..and dealing with 100 specials to renumber sucks).

So far I have dvdextras installed into xbmc, modded the theme's DialogVideoInfo.xml (confluence and aeon-nox) and have done the advancedsettings changes as well.. tried what was recommended and just using 'Extras' with any slashes is what works. Extras for movies is working.. some issues (the .nfo file in Extras are showing up as if its a media file.. trying to play it results in a 0 sec movie and it exits out).
Extras is not working for tvshows for me.. I've tried cleaning the library / updating but no change. I've tried removing the show with extras from the library and adding it back. Still nothing. My xbmc content is stored on a remote server where XBMC itself only has READ access.. it can not create files. So I wonder if this is my issue since looking through the source it appears this mod wants to create nfos.
(notice the include is different, it makes it match the other size buttons and makes things look a bit better), also I only have this one showing for movies. Since I want to do something slightly different for TvShows.

Heres the code you should add to DialogVideoInfo.xml for Confluence.
Code:
                    <control type="button" id="99">
                        <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
                        <label>Extras</label>
                        <visible>[Container.Content(movies)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
                    </control>

for Xperience1080 I used this code in DialogVideoInfo.xml, also only for movies.. adds to the popup list.
Code:
<item id="4">
                            <label>Extras</label>
                            <visible>[Container.Content(movies)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
                        </item>

need to figure out how to make it only show the Extras option if there are some.. also the 'nfo' in the Extras folders is showing up as an item when it shouldnt.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8