• 7(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
Hi. I need some advice. I did as README.md says but there were two problems. The extra button appears to be in the left corner ( see the picture below) and I can't open extras with my remote control since I can't get in the upper corner with my remote. However, when I use a mouse as a remote I can open extras and see them but that's not how I want to control xbmc. Any ideas how to fix that?

xbmc is frodo 2.0 and my skin is aen nox 4.0. All extras are named as "-extras-Display name here" and they are in the same folder as the movie they are associated with. i.e "flightplan-extras-visual effects". I have tested extras with only one movie so far. Ask if you need more information from my setup.

Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2013-05-08, 02:03)weirdinin Wrote: Hi. I need some advice. I did as README.md says but there were two problems. The extra button appears to be in the left corner ( see the picture below) and I can't open extras with my remote control since I can't get in the upper corner with my remote. However, when I use a mouse as a remote I can open extras and see them but that's not how I want to control xbmc. Any ideas how to fix that?

xbmc is frodo 2.0 and my skin is aen nox 4.0. All extras are named as "-extras-Display name here" and they are in the same folder as the movie they are associated with. i.e "flightplan-extras-visual effects". I have tested extras with only one movie so far. Ask if you need more information from my setup.

The position of the Extras button seems to be affected by where you put it in the text file you edited. Read my experiences in the post on the previous page (9) for info on lines in the code. It seems to be different for different skins. If you put the code in the right place, the button will move.
Thanks. Now it's working like a charm! I changed the place of the code to be equal of yours. Hmm.. Do you have a clue if it's possible to change the order of the buttons in the info page? Now the extra button is in the right side after fanart and extrathumb buttons but I would like to have it right after play button so that extra menu would be more visible.

EDIT: I got the order of buttons working. Just changed the placement of the lines in the code.

And an other thing: i didn't get the theme song feature working. I put a theme.mp3 in the movie folder and put the code for theme right after extra button code like this:

<control type="button" id="24">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31468]</label>
<include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
<onclick>RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=custom,mediatype=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID],extrathumbs)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kioskmode)</visible>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + system.hasaddon(script.artwork.downloader)+ !substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://)</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="100">
<description>Extras</description>
<include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
<label>Extras</label>
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath],start_theme)</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,stop_theme)</onunload>

</control>
<control type="group">
<visible>ControlGroup(5000).HasFocus(22) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
<posx>825</posx>

Could the problem be in the placement of the code again?

EDIT2: Got the theme problem also working. Inserted the theme code right after the first <window> tag and problem solved!

EDIT3: okay guys, there's still issues. Please tell me where exactly did you put the theme song code. I have it right after the first <window> tag like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath],start_theme)</onload>
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,stop_theme)</onunload>

I noticed that if I have a theme.mp3 in the movie folder, the extras won't play. xbmc just goes back to movie list. If I delete theme.mp3 from the movie folder, extras work.

Btw, Brentosmith, great work! Thank you very much!
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
I agree with this and was wanting a way to have this i am currently re-organizing my video files so each movie folder has those sub-folders (where applicable)

Code:
Movie
  |__ Sources
        |__ [Type: DVD, BLURAY, HDDVD, DSR, HDTV, VHS etc]
               |__ Movie.mkv
  |__ Bonus
        |__ Bounus1.mkv
Great work with this add-on I absolutely love it.
I just have one question: Is it possible to go back to the Info screen rather than the Movie List after playing the Extras?

Thanks
Thanks for this great add-on, brentosmith!

One thing I'm having problems with is movies with stacked files - e.g. The Lord of the Rings Extended editions.
The add-on reports "no extras found" when the movie has stacked files.

It works perfectly for movies with only one media file.

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the way XBMC treats these movies/files.

Has anyone found a way around this or experienced the same problem?
(2013-06-30, 03:25)rogerthehart Wrote: Thanks for this great add-on, brentosmith!

One thing I'm having problems with is movies with stacked files - e.g. The Lord of the Rings Extended editions.
The add-on reports "no extras found" when the movie has stacked files.

It works perfectly for movies with only one media file.

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the way XBMC treats these movies/files.

Has anyone found a way around this or experienced the same problem?

Likewise with the stacked files, also affects the theme.mp3 and stops it from playing. For the most part this is an awesome add-on and Brentosmith has done a great job, as soon as these bugs are ironed out it will be exceptional Big Grin Personally, I'd like it added to XBMC permanently in the future.
I wanted to say I absolutely love this add-on!

One question I had, Is there anyway to get sub-folders to show up in the Extras folder? Lets say there are alot of special feature and I want to group trailers and cut scenes and whatnot. Currently if I make a sub-folder it just ignores it.

Thanks,
Ken
Hi there,

I managed to successfully install this. One thing that was throwing errors, and kept me up till late last night, was the missing header on advance settings.xml, which actually needs to be there and was pointed out earlier in this thread by one of you guys: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

I have questions:
1) Whilst watching the main movie or one of the extras, how do I quickly access the list of extras again, so I don't have to stop the video, select information pane and then browse to the extras every time? Perhaps if the add-on could use something one can click on, like the DVD icon or an extra small icon on the same OSD to show the list of extras in a whizz? Any thoughts on this?
2) Is there any way to display the length of each file within extras?
3) When do you expect to have it as default in Aeon Nox? So we don't have to go through the manual configuration process?
4) Is there any way I can have the option to resume the playback of an extra just where I left it?
5) Any way to mark an extra as watched, via a font colour or the popular check tick?
6) When stopping the playback of an extra, would it be possible to fall back to the list of 'Extras' or at least back to the Information pane for the movie?
7) If this gets supported by Skinners, do you think it would be possible to add an icon, sign or something that could make the user aware of the presence of extra features for the movie, without having to click on Extras?

And 2 issues:
1) When extras are paused, the full name of the file is displayed including any prefix such as [1], [2], etc, plus the file extension. Anyway to fix this so the suer could only see name of the title as it is shown under Extras selection menu?
2) On the Github you comment about the possibility to use html code &#58 to have the colon showing up on the file names. How do you actually get this done, I mean, where do you type this code? I can't seem to find how it is done.

Thanks and congratulations for this add-on. Is, I believe, what many were waiting for and sincerely look forward to seeing it grow and getting better.

CF
I've seen quite a few posts in this thread regarding extras folder and trailers being scanned as movies. It appears the problem with the extras folder has been fixed, I know I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem with the trailers being scanned. Format nameofmovie (year)-trailer.mkv. Also, any extras in the same folder with the main feature also get scanned. Format nameofmovie (year)-extras-nameofextra.mkv. I did a work around by putting all extras and trailers in an "Extras" sub folder which works, but I wondering if someone might know how to fix this.

I also notice that the "Extras" button is visible even with movies that don't have extras. Is this the proper behavior?

Edit- @brentosmith: maybe you could start a regular support thread for this addon? Just an idea.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
please extended this functionality to music [music videos is already working] so we can access the digital booklet pdf that comes with quite a few CDs nowadays
(2013-08-08, 03:52)adrian ballard Wrote: please extended this functionality to music [music videos is already working] so we can access the digital booklet pdf that comes with quite a few CDs nowadays

+1 for that here too. That would be so useful to have a better user experience with enhanced CDs that come with so much information that otherwise gets buried in time!!!

Thanks,

CF
Great Add-on!!

In some future release, would it be possible, to only have the EXTRAS button appear in the Movie Info,... only IF there were extras present for that movie? ie, if no extras for the movie, then do not display the extras button? What ends up happening, is that one clicks on the extras button, only to find that there are no extras for this movie.

Also, is there a way to mod the dvdextras.py file to have the option for them music, and nothing else? or mod the fill to only have the thems music alone?
or maybe ever "enable" "disable" for each option? or, maybe there is, I just dont know how to locate it?

thanks again
Legion
Really love the script. I've been playing around with trying to 'hide' the 'Extras' button within the DialogVideoInfo dialog when no Extras directory is found. Closest I've gotten, but still not working is something like this. Any suggestions by real programmers out there? I'm trying to add one more validation to return a 'True' by checking to see if the Extras directory has any files in it. Presumably it returns False if it can't find one(?).

<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container($INFO[ListItem.Path]Extras).HasFiles</visible>

The $INFO returns a "M:\Movie\MovieName\Extras" path name, but perhaps I cannot use the Container call to reference files outside the database...(?)

One other thing, I modified the python theme script to accept WMA files since I still have a few of those floating around in my system.

return Searcher().getMatchingFiles( directory, "theme.*\.(mp3|wma)", False )
Is it possible to customize the name for the Extras folder? You see, every movie folder tnds to include an extrathumbs subfolder, and having "Extras" been followed by "extrathumbs" is sort of ugly in file manager view mode.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8