• 13(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
Smile 
(2013-09-11, 03:43)MacApex Wrote: Rich, I think what Rob was trying to ask above was that you should change the line:

Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>

to read:

Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>

in order to get Extras to show up at the root level of TV Series. This is very helpful if you have Extras that are not specific to one season but relate to the entire TV Series. I have changed my DialogVideoInfo.xml file to add this code which was originally suggested by Nitroburner77 in post #86 and I recommend that any future version of this guide include this code.

Thank you for that information MacApex; I obviously didn't absorb that bit of the discussion when I was scanning through the thread. Confused
I have changed the relevant lines in the summary above to reflect this.

(2013-09-11, 04:06)capfuturo Wrote: Good night Rich T. & MacApex,

I believe these exchange of information is quite important. I have also seen along the thread various tips and pieces of code truly necessary in order to have DVDExtras working properly. The new mods by Rob are becoming references as well. I hope all this makes its way into the newly-born WiKi sooner or later for all of us and specially for helping the new users.
Quite right; I appreciate the nudge in the right direction and find that all of this is helping me to understand the code better. The reason for my writing the summary is to give us something to build on, in order to create a solid reference guide. I would be happy if anyone would add to it any information that they feel is relevant.

It should be a simple matter to convert the text into MediaWiki markup, as I did with brentosmith's README.md markdown file.
I used Pandoc to carry out this task, but I'll probably need to convert the BBCode from here into HTML before using Pandoc to turn it into MediaWiki. Anyway, it should be fairly straightforward to do this, which is handy as I need to create a wiki for a project elsewhere.

(2013-09-11, 04:06)capfuturo Wrote: Some good updates: I tested a new patch a few hours ago and seems Rob has found a way to have DVDExtras fully working (video and audio) with no issues at all for non-stacked video files!!! Things are getting sweeter :-)

He should get back to us with further news tomorrow.

Fantastic news!

I have finally been able to do some limited testing, which has shown up some problems with nested directories, but more on that later...
(2013-09-11, 04:26)wgstarks Wrote: I was going to make this change on mine but it's completely different. Not sure what to change?
Code:
<control type="button" id="101">
                        <description>Extras</description>
                        <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
                        <label>Play Theme</label>
                        <onclick>PlayMedia()</onclick>
                        <visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="100">
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31020]</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$ESCINFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
                        <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>

This could present a problem for those who have updated to version 4.1.9 of the Aeon Nox skin, as a "Play Theme" button (for TV Shows only) was added to the skin somewhere between 4.0.9 and 4.1.9. This button appears to attempt to play theme music for the TV Series, but I use the TVTunes addon for that and prefer the functionality of TVTunes where the theme plays without having to go into the Info screen. This button is not present on the official 4.0.9 release and the guide as it is currently being written works for that version of the skin.

However, adding the Extras button code to the DialogVideoInfo.xml file appears to break TVTunes functionality in 4.1.9, so I ended up deleting all of the "Play Theme" button code in my DialogVideoInfo.xml file. This is obviously not the best solution, and perhaps I can do some further testing later, but it was the quickest solution in order to make the Extras functionality work in conjunction with TVTunes.

Therefore, if you have Aeon Nox 4.1.9 and are using TVTunes, you can delete all of this code (make a copy of your original file first!):

Code:
<control type="button" id="101">
                        <label>Play Theme</label>
                        <onclick>PlayMedia()</onclick>
                        <visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
</control>

And wgstarks, just change the second to last line of the <control type="button" id="100"> code in your DialogVideoInfo.xml file from:

Code:

to:

Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>

and that should take care of it. You can see how this enhances the Extras function if you place an "Extras" folder at the root folder of the TV Series, and place "Extras" folders inside each Season folder, and by going into the Info screen at various locations as you are browsing your TV Shows. The root level Extras are even available by calling up TV Show Info from the main list of your TV Shows without actually having to select the show.
I have selected a movie and a TV show to play around with for testing purposes; the movie is District 9 and the TV series is Hannibal.

I don't have any TV show extras, so I've just copied one of the extras from the film into the TV show's Extras folder. Here's the current directory structure, shoving the files and folders for each:

District 9:
Code:
<DIR> Movies
+<DIR> District 9 (2009)           
|+<DIR> Extras           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras1.Conception.and.Design           
|||+District.9.Extras1.Conception.and.Design.idx           
|||+District.9.Extras1.Conception.and.Design.mkv           
|||\District.9.Extras1.Conception.and.Design.sub           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras2.Metamorphosis           
|||+District.9.Extras2.Metamorphosis.idx           
|||+District.9.Extras2.Metamorphosis.mkv           
|||\District.9.Extras2.Metamorphosis.sub           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras3.The.Acting.and.Improvisation           
|||+District.9.Extras3.The.Acting.and.Improvisation.idx           
|||+District.9.Extras3.The.Acting.and.Improvisation.mkv           
|||\District.9.Extras3.The.Acting.and.Improvisation.sub           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras4.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter1           
|||+District.9.Extras4.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter1.idx           
|||+District.9.Extras4.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter1.mkv           
|||\District.9.Extras4.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter1.sub           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras5.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter2           
|||+District.9.Extras5.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter2.idx           
|||+District.9.Extras5.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter2.mkv           
|||\District.9.Extras5.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter2.sub           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras6.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter3           
|||+District.9.Extras6.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter3.idx           
|||+District.9.Extras6.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter3.mkv           
|||\District.9.Extras6.The.Alien.Agenda.Chapter3.sub           
||+<DIR> District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects                      
|| +District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects.idx           
|| +District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects.mkv           
|| \District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects.sub           
| \District.9.2009.Bluray.1080p.DTS-HD-7.1.x264.MKV

Hannibal:
Code:
<DIR> TV
+<DIR> Hannibal
|+<DIR> Extras
||+District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects.mkv
||+District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects.sub
||\District.9.Extras7.The.Visual.Effects.idx
|\<DIR> Season 1
| +Hannibal.S01E04.Œuf.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E05.Coquilles.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E01.Apéritif.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E03.Potage.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E02.Amuse-Bouche.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E08.Fromage.1080p.DD5.1.H.264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E10.Buffet.Froid.1080p.DD5.1.H.264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E07.Sorbet.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E11.Rôti.1080p.DD5.1.H.264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E12.Relevés.1080p.DD5.1.H.264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E06.Entrée.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E09.Trou.Normand.1080p.DD5.1.H-264.mkv
| +Hannibal.S01E13.Savoureux.1080p.DD5.1.H.264.mkv

All I can say is that at the moment all I'm getting with this structure is the No extras found dialog on both the movie and the TV show.

I will test the music part later on and report back with my experiences.
Do you have "Search Nested Directories." enabled - as your extras do seem to be nested - failing that, I think we will need a log

(2013-09-11, 04:06)capfuturo Wrote: Some good updates: I tested a new patch a few hours ago and seems Rob has found a way to have DVDExtras fully working (video and audio) with no issues at all for non-stacked video files!!! Things are getting sweeter :-)

Thanks for testing that!

Unfortunately, of the two patches the one that works ties the Theme player to the Extras part. I would need to rework the Theme player to extend the xbmc.Player and pick up on events, rather than it's current implementation of just calling it with custom methods.

I believe you could reproduce the Theme sound issue by playing something like a trailer from the info screen while a Theme is playing.
Bug 
(2013-09-11, 07:18)rob_webset Wrote: Do you have "Search Nested Directories." enabled - as your extras do seem to be nested - failing that, I think we will need a log

Hey, Rob

I'm just transferring the media folders up to this computer to try out the config on the XBMC I have set up up here. Ill grab the log from the HTPC and email you it in a sec.
I will then double check that the config on both computers is OK.
Email sent.
Maybe a permisions problem?

Code:
06:36:09 T:140007645406976  NOTICE: DvdExtras : finding extras for /media/richard/Video/Movies/District 9 (2009)/District.9.2009.Bluray.1080p.DTS-HD-7.1.x264-Grym.MKV
06:36:09 T:140007645406976  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for /media/richard/Video/Movies/District 9 (2009)/Extras/
06:36:09 T:140007645406976   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/richard/Video/Movies/District 9 (2009)

Same happens for the Theme lookup.
It wouldn't surprise me on Linux, though I can't see why it should be happening.
The drive should be mounted as user, not root. I'll have to check my fstab: It's been a while since I set it up.
Perhaps user xbmc needs permissions granted, though I can't see why.

I'll be able to test it on my insecure system here in about a 12 mins, once the transfer has finished. I had to transfer some files downstairs before moving the two folders back up here. Even with gigabit ethernet; transferring tens of gigabytes back and forth takes a little time.

'Transfer' - my word for the day.
Bug 
v1.2.2 with latest DVDExtras.py; tested on Windows 7 machine.
No more luck, I'm afraid.
Not sure of the reason: I'll send you my logfile by email.

Here are some screencaps:

UPDATE: Images removed as I am re-testing and will post new ones.

Sorry, it seems to be the same as on Linux.

Rich.
Music 
I'm going to have to go offline for a while.
In the mean time just sit back, relax and enjoy the music.
Hi Rich, It all looks very strange, the log and your screenshot do not seem to match for the file path.

DVDExtras is being called with:

Code:
08:07:55 T:2084   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,D:\ TV\Hannibal\Season 1\Hannibal.S01E01.Apéritif.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H-264-NTb.mkv)

So there is a space after the drive, your screenshot shows D:\XBMC\

So that looks like the reason it cannot find anything, so it looks like something has gone wrong before it even gets to DVDExtras.

(Note: with the message being wrapped in the post, there is a space between D:\ and TV\...)
@MacApex- Thanks for your help. Should have realized where the code came from. I updated to nox 4.1.9 after I installed Extras. I noticed the "Play Theme" button when I started installing my tv shows (only have a few installed so far) and just thought it had always been there. I'll make the changes and install tvtunes.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Bug 
@rob_webset,

v1.2.3 on Windows 7:

I'm getting some interesting errors in the log.
Notice the mixture of \ and /

Code:
19:14:19 T:6632  NOTICE: DvdExtras : finding extras for start_theme
19:14:19 T:7136   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
19:14:19 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:14:19 T:6632  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for /Extras/
19:14:19 T:6632   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting

Code:
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Path: C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.dvdextras
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : finding extras for D:\XBMC\Movies\District 9 (2009)\District.9.2009.Bluray.1080p.DTS-HD-7.1.x264.MKV
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for D:\XBMC\Movies\District 9 (2009)/Extras/
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:14:23 T:7476  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Nested check in directory: D:\XBMC\Movies\District 9 (2009)/Extras/
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
19:14:23 T:7136   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------

Code:
19:07:49 T:6324  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Checking existence for D:\XBMC\TV\Hannibal\Season 1/Extras/
19:07:49 T:5912   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
19:07:49 T:5912   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:07:49 T:6324  NOTICE: DvdExtras : Nested check in directory: D:\XBMC\TV\Hannibal\Season 1/Extras/

I'm using variations of this file structure and I am getting mixed, but mostly disappointing results:

I have been fiddling around with the settings, but still no music. Sad

DialogVideoInfo.xml starts with:
Code:
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>
    <onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,stop_theme)</onunload>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>!Window.IsVisible(FileBrowser)</visible>
            <animation effect="slide" start="1100,0" end="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="1100,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowClose</animation>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>180</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1100</width>
                <height>720</height>
                <texture border="15,0,0,0" flipx="true">MediaBladeSub.png</texture>
            </control>

I'll send you a another log.

P.S.

Sometimes the extras show up for Hanibal, sometimes not, without changing anything!
No extras for District 9.
Log sent, with this message:

Hi,

I tested 1.2.3 and have encountered some problems, as laid out on the forum.

For this log, I started XBMC, opened info on District 9, no extras found dialog opened up immediately on its own. I then tried to open extraas af few more times, unsucsessfully.

I then moved onto Hannibal opened info on one of the episodes, clicked extras and they opened. Unfortunately, when I tried it again on the same episode and then on others, all I got was the no extras found dialog.

Frustrating.

We'll get there!

Keep up th fantastic work.

Rich
Sorry to all that received 1.2.3 from me with incorrect and incomplete instructions!

The Themes onLoad and onunload should now be as follows, I hope this sorts out the problems:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,start_theme,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onload>

<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras) + Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,MovieThemes,stop_theme)</onunload>

Rob
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8