Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
(2013-09-12, 11:46)Rich.T. Wrote: If brentosmith's great little plugin can be made to become something which may very well end up being included as a default add-on or integrated functionality of XBMC, then it is definitely worth laying the groundwork for the project's future development. With Bluray extras becoming more commonly available, the expectation that this should be a feature of XBMC can only increase.

Totally agree.

So, we have had Ronie's reply on post #1206, from which transpires the reason why TVTunes hasn't included anymore capabilities: there is nobody developing it! (there is someone only maintaining it). Any ideas what to do here? If no one is developing TVTunes then I see 4 possible paths:
  1. Someone shows up to develop it and can keep building on what there is.
  2. We just see if it is possible to patch it and have a working TVTunes add-on (with movie themes) using the script rob has got. However it seem to me judging by Ronie's approach, that whoever does anything to TVTunes needs to maintain it too, am I right to think this?
  3. Leave it as it is, make the movietheme script available for others to take over (if someone shows interest) and keep developing VideoExtras exclusively.
  4. Take option 3 with the possibility to retake the MovieTheme script development (as standalone add-on or as part of TVTunes) somehow once significative work has been done improving VideoExtras. It doesn't have to be decided now, right?
Anybody sees other options? I believe we are also waiting for Ned Scott's reply regarding rob_webset's post #198 in order to sort the best way to go further, aren't we?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower

Messages In This Thread
RE: Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title - by capfuturo - 2013-09-12, 23:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8