• 17(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
Fair enough.
But could someone verify if this bug is present in v1.2.4?
(2013-10-19, 18:00)adrian ballard Wrote: Fair enough.
But could someone verify if this bug is present in v1.2.4?

I think in the spirit of open source code, maybe you should try it out and contribute the information as to if it works or not?
Tested with Video Extras 0.0.1

Movies with a comma in the Folder Name OR Path Name now display the extras.
BUT....they also include/list the extras from all other movies.

Remove the comma(s) from the Path Name and leave the comma in the Folder Name and the above error applies.
Remove the comma from the Folder Name and leave the comma(s) in the Path Name and the above error applies.
Remove the comma(s) from both the Path and Folder Name and everything works perfectly.

Also, the comma makes absolutely no difference if it is present in the Media File Name. ie: Avengers, The [2012].mkv

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

Get rid of the commas, or analyse the code to see what is breaking with commas present.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers or sound ungrateful. I was simply trying to give clear + concise information about my findings.
(2013-10-20, 19:39)adrian ballard Wrote: Sorry. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers or sound ungrateful. I was simply trying to give clear + concise information about my findings.

We do appreciate people reporting problems, but it does not always help posters "helpfulness" if someones first posts in the thread are asking other people to do things that you are capable of doing yourself (i.e. testing if something is fixed in the latest version).

That said, I have looked into the problem, the fix is simple, in the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, put quotes around the $INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath] argument.

Please let us know if that solves your problem.

Rob
When do people want to see things?

As work on TvTunes is calming down I am starting to pick up the VideoExtras add-on again. Like the TvTunes add-on I have had to do a lot of re-work in order to prepare things for support of the new features. (While at the same time learn how XBMC does some of it's things I haven't had to look at before).

So my main focus at the moment is to give the option to persist the extras data into a database. This will be needed to support some of the things like "Showing what has already been watched etc".

This then leaves two approaches.
1) Have users scan for all extras before hand and store them in the database
2) Only store "additional info" in the database (like watched data) and still rely on searching the file-system to gather the extras available.

I started messing about with the assumption of option 1, however the more I look at it, I'm starting to think this may not be the correct approach. The first reason is that it can not be implemented as a scrapper as you can only have one scrapper enabled per directory (i.e. the movies or TV Show scraper).

Then there is the fact that listing the extras is not that frequent a task - so having a DB for all that data and forcing a user to keep rescanning whenever they rip another DVD could be a bit over the top.

So now I am thinking of option 2.

What are peoples thoughts - can anyone thing of any reasons NOT to do option 2 - I originally thought performance - but listing directories is pretty quick.

ALSO: When do people want me to release things, as and when I do each change (i.e. post here the SVN revision number each thing gets committed in), or save them all up until they are all done and then post?

BTW: Managed to find a way to only show the extras button if there are actually extras for a Film or TV show - an age to find a solution - which ended up being a pretty simple solution (I just hope it works for all cases)

I'd really welcome peoples thoughts

Thanks, Rob
Has anyone managed to get this to work with Aeon Nox 4.0.9? I was having problems with TV Tunes and 4.1.9 so I decided to switch back to 4.0.9 but now I'm having problems with DVD EXtras as well.

You can see that the "Extras" button is blank. It is selectable and seems to function properly. I just can't get the label to appear.

Here is my DialogVideoInfo.xml file-
http://pastebin.com/CKWX05ip

I think the problem must be there. I'm hoping someone can compare it to a working install.

Thanks
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-10-20, 21:19)rob_webset Wrote: That said, I have looked into the problem, the fix is simple, in the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, put quotes around the $INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath] argument.

Thank you very much....that solved the problem

just my .02

Expanding the database so that it keeps track of watched extras is a bit overkill.
If you are a person that enjoys the extras [I am], I usually know if I've already seen a certain segment.
If I can't remember, it's not really that big of a deal to cancel something I've already seen or started by mistake.

I guess I just don't see that much advantage to adding that feature. [But then again, I like to keep things simple]
Now, if it took a good chunk of time to bring up the list of extras, that might be a different story.........

The button not showing if no items are present is more intriguing to me.
(2013-10-20, 21:38)rob_webset Wrote: When do people want to see things?

As work on TvTunes is calming down I am starting to pick up the VideoExtras add-on again. Like the TvTunes add-on I have had to do a lot of re-work in order to prepare things for support of the new features. (While at the same time learn how XBMC does some of it's things I haven't had to look at before).

So my main focus at the moment is to give the option to persist the extras data into a database. This will be needed to support some of the things like "Showing what has already been watched etc".

This then leaves two approaches.
1) Have users scan for all extras before hand and store them in the database
2) Only store "additional info" in the database (like watched data) and still rely on searching the file-system to gather the extras available.

I started messing about with the assumption of option 1, however the more I look at it, I'm starting to think this may not be the correct approach. The first reason is that it can not be implemented as a scrapper as you can only have one scrapper enabled per directory (i.e. the movies or TV Show scraper).

Then there is the fact that listing the extras is not that frequent a task - so having a DB for all that data and forcing a user to keep rescanning whenever they rip another DVD could be a bit over the top.

So now I am thinking of option 2.
I agree that option 2 would be the better choice. Perhaps with a setting to disable the feature for people who aren't interested in this feature for their extras.

Quote:ALSO: When do people want me to release things.

Thanks, Rob

My vote would be for posts here as new features are added. I'm sure that not everyone would be interested but some I believe would like to test the new features.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi All,

I have published another zip for VideoExtras that includes the latest changes, the most significant to these being the ability to hide the Extras button from the Information screen if there are no Extras.

This will require a change for the skin which I have documented on the new wiki page:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

The zip can be found at the following location:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rele...-0.0.2.zip

Please let me know how you get on if you decide to try it.

(Note: Please don't run DVDExtras and VideoExtras at the same time)
(2013-10-23, 07:43)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

I have published another zip for VideoExtras that includes the latest changes.

You rock dude Smile

I'm hoping to get a chance to try it out later today.
Problem with 0.0.2. I installed the new VideoExtras, but it doesn't seem to be working. I can only get an "Extras" button if I use the "Force" setting and then I get "No Extras Found" when trying to play them. It appears that my extras are not being scanned. I've posted a debug log. This is an application startup and navigate to a movie (The Dark Knight) with extras. Time Stamp ~19:58:22 line number ~954 is where VideoExtras script starts. I also tried this with db disabled with the same results.
I get the same results...
Yes, looking at the log it's due to

Code:
os.path.isfile(self.baseDirectory)

Returning "false" when passed a file path connected via smb://

I'll need to look at another way of telling if it is a file or a directory (All a bit messy) - will hopefully have something soon-ish, but haven't had time today to have a proper look at it.

Rob
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8