TV show matching, series/seasons set to -1
Question 
So this has been driving me crazy for a while now. My TV shows are either BR ISO's or DVD folder structures, so there’s no individual file/folder per episode.

I settled on naming like so:

\Red Dwarf\S01E01E02E03E04E05E06\VIDEO_TS
\Red Dwarf\S02E01E02E03E04E05E06\VIDEO_TS

And I've used the following regex from the wiki/forums:

Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

The problem is that matching seems to be hit and miss, and that most matches set the series/season to -1. I thought it was the regex and my folder structures, and I've spent some time checking, changing and tweaking both. However, if you look at the attached debug log (http://pastebin.com/bJK3NxpH) it seems that the regex is parsing the name correctly, and that multipart episodes are being returned.
With the Red Dwarf example above, the series 1 disc is entered at -1x01 -1x02 -1x03 -1x04 -1x05 -1x06, but series 2 is entered into the library correctly 2x01 2x02 etc.

Most TV shows are all entered as -1. I have the first 5 seasons of 24 and they are all added as -1x01 -1x02 etc.

I’ve had this in all beta and RC versions of Eden, and now the final Eden also.

Can anyone help?

thanks
I don't normally like bumps, but I'm really stuck with this one....so, bump Rolleyes
if it were me, I'd just burn all your iso files into mkvs...then you would have a more organized system outside of xbmc, and mkvs are prob the best type of compression you can get for 1080p...also, there are a lot of open source mkv editors and burners...I would recommend MKVToolNix, This is what I use every time i get an iso or a two disk movie, and I wouldn't do it any other way
(2012-04-10, 23:33)digitaltomj Wrote: if it were me, I'd just burn all your iso files into mkvs...then you would have a more organized system outside of xbmc, and mkvs are prob the best type of compression you can get for 1080p...also, there are a lot of open source mkv editors and burners...I would recommend MKVToolNix, This is what I use every time i get an iso or a two disk movie, and I wouldn't do it any other way

I dont really know much about the MKV format. Is it (can it be) lossless? I'm kean to maintain the best AV quality possible, which is why I use folder structures or ISOs. I'm also not worried about compression - I have plenty of storage space.

In any event, unless I seperate individual episodes I'll still have this naming/scraping issue with series/seasons being set to -1?
Quick update. I have the first 4 seasons of The X-File now added. All have been entered into the library correctly, except the first 8 episodes (first 2 discs) of season 1, these are listed as "Season -1".

Can I manually edit the DB to fix those episodes, if so how?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show matching, series/seasons set to -10