local Fanart
Hi

I am new to XBMC and have a couple of questions regarding fanart for tv shows.

My main question is how do I get xbmc to use the local fanart/backdrops/banners/thumbnails and posters? I have an application which generates the nfo and downloads all the images, but xbmc does not seem to ‘detect’ all of the images. What I did find is that xbmc will detect the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg for the series, but not for individual the season’s, these seem to be scrapped. How can I get xbmc to use all the local images, is it possible to specify the local path of the images in the nfo?

I have also noticed that changing the fanart for the series after the library has been added does not work and the original fanart is still displayed. I have tried selecting “update library” and “Scan for new content”, but this does not seem to update the show.

Lastly, how do I get xbmc to use multiple backdrops? I have seen an youtube vid where the backdrops rotate every couple of seconds, how is done?

Thank in advance.
Regards
I don't do multiple fanart for TV seasons, I think there is a way but not sure. Look through the wiki for "extrafanart", I am not sure if default supports this, probably more skins doHuh

To set different posters for each season, take a look at this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...Thumbnails

I personally use TVSHOWNAME\SEASON#\EPISDOESFOLES scheme.

I have my posters for each season labeled season01.tbn and placed in the root of the TVSHOWNAME folder.

As for changing of fanart, if you are talking about on the home page, when you select movies, movie fanart shows and cycles. This is in the settings, it is a static folder with fanart, you point it to a folder and it will cycle through any jpg found in there. You can set the same for each "area". If you are talking about multiple fanart for the same video, aka its selected and it will cycle through multiple fanarts for that movie only, again look into extrafanart option... I am guessing this is the solution for that.

As for changing fanart... if you open the video info screen (showing director, actors, years etc etc) there should be multiple buttons at the bottom for scraping fanart, posters etc. Recsrape the image and I think at the very bottom is an option for local where you can navigate and select the image where ever it is stored.

I seem to recall if you bring up a context menu for any given movie/tv series, you can select movie information. Then click "refresh", and it will say something along the lines of "there are some local images/info". It will also ask if it should use these or search the internet for new ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
local Fanart0