EPG Data
Using this as a bit of a notepad because it always helps others once Google's indexed this page.

This is what I'm trying: I'm going to switch on XMLTV but merge several sources to nail together a complete picture. I'm also going to add a new XLMTV source that hopefully does know about these channels. Sooooo....

1. Found and installed a Sky EPG grabber from https://github.com/Floppy/tv_grab_uk_sky

2. Created a file /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_sky and just pasted the grabber code in (hey, it was quick...!)

3. Make it executable with sudo chmod 0755 /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_sky

==> Didn't work - JSON error ("... Can't locate JSON.pm in @INC").

4. Install required libraries with sudo apt-get install libjson-perl

5. Ran the new grabber with /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_sky --configure - it appears to work, but tvheadend can't see it. It must get an "index" of grabbers from somewhere...

6. Ran /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers - no luck, it doesn't appear to see the grabber, just comes back with the same list as tvheadend had

==> Quick bit of debugging, seems the new file has a blank description, so edited it to correct

Line 84 - changed

Code:
description => "",

to

Code:
description => "United Kingdom/Republic of Ireland (Sky EPG)",

7. Ran /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers again - success this time, it adds the new grabber to the list

8. Ran /usr/bin/tv_grab_combiner --configure to select all channels from Freeview (Radio Times grabber), Freesat (Radio Times) and Sky (the new grabber)

9. Switched on XMLTV in tvheadend (Configuration -> XMLTV -> combine information from several other grabbers)

11. Sit back and see what happens...

I'll let you know!

Messages In This Thread
EPG Data - by bilbonvidia - 2012-04-11, 21:28
RE: EPG Data - by Prof Yaffle - 2012-04-30, 23:45
RE: EPG Data - by Prof Yaffle - 2012-05-04, 19:27
RE: EPG Data - by Prof Yaffle - 2012-05-04, 21:00
RE: EPG Data - by Drae - 2012-05-04, 21:53
RE: EPG Data - by yallah - 2012-05-05, 08:30
RE: EPG Data - by Prof Yaffle - 2012-05-05, 10:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Data 0