• 339(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Is there meanwhile an option to manage / show movies, series on external drives not plugged in / only plugged in if need be?
Hi all,

I'm getting the same issue with TV Shows losing the ratings and votes.
-I have using the latest build V3.7.3.0
-I have "Don't save Legacy Rating/Vote/Metascore in nfo" checked/ticked

The TV show scrapes fine. It just wipes out the ratings and votes when I change the State: Open to Locked as well as Unverified to Open
(2019-03-29, 20:52)MonSoon12 Wrote: The TV show scrapes fine. It just wipes out the ratings and votes when I change the State: Open to Locked

Indeed! But it happens regardless of legacy ratings on/off, it always whipes out all ratings when change the locked/open status!
Try version 3.727b, it was the most stable/bugfree version before and also before the legacy rating on/off feature, please reply if there the issue also exist.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediaco...%203.727b/
Hi everyone,
I started using MC and everything works except the connection with Kodi. As you can see from the image below the configuration seems to be OK.

But by right clicking on the films the command to update the DB is not activated

Where am I doing wrong?
(2019-03-30, 12:55)flavio1961 Wrote: Hi everyone,
I started using MC and everything works except the connection with Kodi. As you can see from the image below the configuration seems to be OK.

But by right clicking on the films the command to update the DB is not activated

Where am I doing wrong?

Are you aware that this is purely in the movie artwork pre-caching for kodi?
Nothing is done or synchronized with the kodi database here.
As far as i know it's pre-caching only poster and fanart. (correct me if i'm wrong)

If you want to update new .nfo data to kodi database there is just this (oldschool) way:
Point 4: https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos

If you really want to pre-cache artwork and you are not advanced kodi user easiest way is to use ArtworkBeef.
It pre-cache all! artwork types and also for tvshows, works very fast.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
If you are and advanced user, use this:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
The whole MC connection to Kodi is at best a bit shady.  If I remember correctly, Rob said he isn't all that up on that coding.  But, Chris should have you covered.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2019-03-25, 10:21)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 14:30)huttdes Wrote: What exactly do you mean by custom? I didn't create them....
Rescraping a movie and adding to the collection still results in a blue triangle.

Maybe it's time to take a look at the wiki.
I know, I do also not like reading, but I made an exception on MediaCompanion  Wink
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...MovieSets/
vbat99 put in a lot of time to explain everything as accurately as possible

Hey! Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, vbat99 definitely put some good effort into the wiki!
Not really sure what happened to get my sets like they were but in the end I just filtered the list to show only movies in sets then highlighted all and rescraped all sets and artwork.
Looking much better now.
(2019-03-29, 07:45)Nerls Wrote: Is there meanwhile an option to manage / show movies, series on external drives not plugged in / only plugged in if need be?

Sorry no, Media Companion needs access to the artwork and nfo, which are with the Show/Movie on the external drive.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-03-29, 20:52)MonSoon12 Wrote: Hi all,

I'm getting the same issue with TV Shows losing the ratings and votes.
-I have using the latest build V3.7.3.0
-I have "Don't save Legacy Rating/Vote/Metascore in nfo" checked/ticked

The TV show scrapes fine. It just wipes out the ratings and votes when I change the State: Open to Locked as well as Unverified to Open

Another area that needs updating in MC since the ratings/votes change. Dang it.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-03-30, 12:55)flavio1961 Wrote: Hi everyone,

Where am I doing wrong?

(2019-03-31, 02:23)chrissix Wrote: [quote="flavio1961" pid='2840438' dateline='1553943336']Hi everyone,

Where am I doing wrong?

(2019-03-31, 02:31)bobrap Wrote: The whole MC connection to Kodi is at best a bit shady. If I remember correctly, Rob said he isn't all that up on that coding. But, Chris should have you covered.

XBMC Link, was added to Media Companion waaaaaay back, and the dev that introduced it is no longer supporting Media Companion.
Unfortunately, this function has no active dev that knows the way around this code.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-04-02, 01:15)huttdes Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 10:21)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 14:30)huttdes Wrote: What exactly do you mean by custom? I didn't create them....
Rescraping a movie and adding to the collection still results in a blue triangle.

Maybe it's time to take a look at the wiki.
I know, I do also not like reading, but I made an exception on MediaCompanion  Wink

Not really sure what happened to get my sets like they were but in the end I just filtered the list to show only movies in sets then highlighted all and rescraped all sets and artwork.
Looking much better now.

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

For some reason I am no longer getting email notifications when users post in this thread which is very annoying.
Media Companion Dev.
(2019-04-04, 22:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 01:15)huttdes Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 10:21)chrissix Wrote: Maybe it's time to take a look at the wiki.

Looking much better now. 

For some reason I am no longer getting email notifications when users post in this thread which is very annoying. 

Same here on the notifications... going to try unsubscribing and re-subscribing.
(2019-04-08, 20:07)huttdes Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 22:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 01:15)huttdes Wrote: Hey! Thanks for the reply.
Looking much better now. 

Same here on the notifications... going to try unsubscribing and re-subscribing. 
Please report that to @TeamKodi maybe @Karellen  do know more about this problem.
Actually found a solution as I did a reply on this thread there was a box underneath the post button that I put a chicken and saying email me with updates for this thread and since then I'm getting emails yay
Media Companion Dev.
That was at tick in it not a chicken
Media Companion Dev.
  • 339(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10