Win 2 channel audio not upmixing after 6 channel
I am new to XBMC, having just migrated from MCE, and am having trouble with my audio for video files upmixing.

I have an X-Fi Music audio card (using latest PAX driver pack) feeding six analog channels to an external Yamaha amp (all decoding is done on the HTPC). CMSS turned on on the X-Fi. I set the audio output in XBMC to DirectSound Speakers (X-Fi) (WASAPI seems to do much the same). After doing this two channel stuff gets upmixed fine. Then play 6 channel source video and that is all fine. But then go back to two channel and now it is just two channel with no upmix. I have to then change the audio output in XBMC settings to something else and then back to DirectSound Speakers (X-Fi) and it is ok again for the upmix.

Feels like it is something in XBMC, rather than the X-Fi, though i cannot be sure. Been meaning to try with the onboard soundcard (Realtek i think), to see if the same happens. Will try this weekend. I know there are patches for more complicated audio stuff expected out for Eden soon, but seems like what i am trying to do is not that complicated. Just standard audio streams in the video files (MP3 and AC3 mostly i think).

I installed the X-Fi PAX pack to see if it fixed the problem, as it was happening with the standard creative drivers as well, so don;t think it was that. Never had this problem with MCE using Shark007 codec pack. FFDShow did most of the work there i think. The fact that changing the XBMC audio output setting on and off again fixes the problem leads me to believe it is an XBMC issue, but i could way off the mark.

Anyone have a similar problem or any ideas for a solution?

Thanks
Am i the only person who has this problem? I have still yet to find a solution.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 channel audio not upmixing after 6 channel0