TV Show Seasons get mixed over UPnP
Hi there,

What I have done is I set up XBMC on my main computer and set the UPnP sharing on, let's call that the Master.
Other computers in the network that also run XBMC get their libraries from that computer trough UPnP, let's call those Slaves. (Not sure its the best way, but it was the quickest and easiest for now, I am open to other suggestions)

That all works like a charm, movies and TV shows simply work with all their metadata on all Slaves like they are setup on the Master.
Except for this part, on the Slaves the Season and Episode listing gets mixed up.

When I browse to Game of Thrones for example and the select Season 1 I get this list:
Game of Thrones - 1x01. Winter is coming
Game of Thrones - 2x01. The Kingsroad
Game of Thrones - 3x01. Lord Snow
etc.

While these episodes are in the Season 1 folder, which is correct, I select the 3rd episode of season 1 the Slaves actually seem to think they are loading Season 3 Episode 1. This means It also does not understand to get the correct subtitles.

Am I doing it wrong and am I missing a setting or is this a small bug?

Thnx,

Mark
Sounds like the season + episode numbers are inverted somewhere along the line (either server-side or client-side).

Will have a nosy around and see if anything obvious jumps out.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Found + fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/80e7...d689e5c232

Thanks for the heads up Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nice one!

Thanks!
Oh, loving the ability and quality of watching stuff on my iPhone and iPad!

But I'm getting this exact same problem with mixed seasons and episodes over UPnP. I wouldn't be so bothered about it unless it messes with the downloading of subtitles... I'm good with computers but quite horrible at programming so the above "fix" doesn't help me much. Can someone please direct me in roughtly the right direction?

Thanks!
(2012-07-31, 21:44)ipsolum Wrote: Oh, loving the ability and quality of watching stuff on my iPhone and iPad!

But I'm getting this exact same problem with mixed seasons and episodes over UPnP. I wouldn't be so bothered about it unless it messes with the downloading of subtitles... I'm good with computers but quite horrible at programming so the above "fix" doesn't help me much. Can someone please direct me in roughtly the right direction?

Thanks!

If you are using a stable version (such as XBMC v11 Eden) then it the fix won't be included. You'll either need a Monthly build (wiki) or a Nightly build (wiki).
Thanks! Installed the latest monthly build and it worked! Seasons/episodes are in the right order and downloading subtitles thereby works too! Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Seasons get mixed over UPnP0