Win XBMC 11.0 crashing often
Hey guys,
I'm new to the XBMC community and recently setup a new PC around it to replace my old setup of converting files to stream to Xbox 360. I am having a lot of trouble getting XBMC to run OK though. It is crashing often. I am not 100% sure what info to give you but I will post as much as I can.

PC Specs:
AMD FX-6100 Six-core Processor 3.30 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate (SP1 and up to date)
DIAMOND AMD Radeon™ HD 6450

The PC is hooked up with the HDMI port on the 6450 (sending audio and video) to a Denon AVR-591, which then connects to a Samsung UN55D6500 via HDMI sending only video.

XBMC Addons I have:
Artist Slideshow
Artwork Downloader
Cinema Experience
Movie Quiz
Repositories Installer
TVTunes
XBMC Library Auto Update
Common plugin cache
Trakt Utilities

Using skin: Aeon Nox

The problem is that XBMC seems to crash for me quite consistently anywhere from 3-10 minutes after I launch it. It does not seem to care what I am doing. If I launch XBMX Library auto update it will crash after a few minutes, if I start to watch video it will crash which usually results in the audio continuing to play but the video locks up and no commands can be accepted. Even if I am just messing around with settings it will crash sooner or later. I have no idea what could be the cause of it. It was happening with the latest Eden 11.0 downloads so I grabbed the latest nightly build a few days ago and tried that but had the same results. I have since switched back to the official Eden 11.0 build and am still experiencing the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am frustrated and have no idea what to do. I will provide anything else that you need to help me sort this mess out.

Debug log can be seen here
I've not looked at the log yet, but I'd start be reverting to the default skin Confluence and no add-ons. See if it still crashes.
Something is generating huge numbers of JSON and HTTP database queries. Have you installed some add-on that might be doing this, or are you using some remote control software that might be doing it?
Perhaps the Trakt utilities could be doing it. It ties in to trakt.tv to keep track of my watched tv shows/movies. I will try disabling that, as well as all addons as recomended above. I will try 1 by 1 turning them back on and testing for awhile I suppose.

As for remote control software, do you mean within XBMC or in general? I use a VNC server on my system but no sort of remote software specific to XBMC
I think jhrennie was meaning Evenghost or some other app that works with your remote control (physical device), not remote desktop software.
Did you find any resolution at all? I'm having the same issue but on the apple tv side of thins with xbmc 11.0.
It had something to do with one of the addons I was using but unfortunately I do not recall which one. I think it may actually have been due to a web interface that I was using but I am not 100% certain. I'd start by disabling addons and see if you can find a culprit. Sorry I can't be of more help.
for me anything beyond beta2 crashes, i've been using beta1 ever since...have yet to find a solution, i tried it with a clean slate, no addons, nothing, and it still crashed.... you may never find a solution
I was having this issue the other day. I removed the library auto update script and that solved the crashing for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 crashing often0