AppleTV 1st Gen 40g (Jailbroken) running XBMC
I have all my media (Movies, TV Shows) stored within iTunes (m4v) and tagged with identify on my Macbook Pro. Streaming the media from iTunes (open on Macbook) or syncing the media to the AppleTV hardrive all works great and plays perfectily in the AppleTV UI under ‘My Movies’ for example.

I began exploring XBMC and looking at the various skins and page layouts. Particularly interested in the different browsing views the skins can display your media in, grid view for example.

At the time I tested this, I had NO media storage on the AppleTV harddrive. All is stored within iTunes on Macbook, streaming to aTV.

With Cyberduck I sent a movie over to the aTV storing in the ‘Movies’ folder. Example (Fight Club.m4v)

I then opened XBMC and clicked on the ‘Movies’ menu. The only pulldown in the movies menu was ‘Browse’. I selected browse and it then pulls up ‘Files’ ‘Playlists’ ‘Add Source’

I selected Files > Movies and found (Fight Club.m4v) within. However, there was no meta data displayed or cover art. Nothing came up in the format of the new skin UIs I had downloaded and applied. Am I missing a step here?

Also is there a way to simplfy getting to my movies or my tv shows. For example simply being able to select movies from the main XBMC menu and going straight into your movie media? Instead of having to go through a file structure. (Movies > Browse > Files > Movies…)
XBMC Quick Start Guide (wiki) and Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 1st Gen 40g (Jailbroken) running XBMC0