Cool 'n Quiet, frequency scaling not working
Brick 
Hey all,

I'm fairly new to linux, so you'll have to bear with me (though I do have a remotely accessible NAS server running Ubuntu 01.04 LTS, that about sums up my linux experience).

As far as I know, I'm running the latest version of xbmcbuntu Eden, and noticed that my CPU frequency is set at a constant 2.7Ghz. Both the system info tab in xbmc and conky in xbmcbuntu (LXDE?) show this as constant. I'm not sure if I am missing the software that normally controls the frequency scaling, or if it just isn't working properly. I do have cool 'n quiet enabled in BIOS though. Any help would be appreciated (trying to keep fan speeds at a minimum). I had hoped that an apt-get upgrade would fix the issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My media center specs are listed below, if it helps.

AMD Phenom II 1100T (underclocked to 2.7Ghz, undervolted to 1.075V, two cores disabled)
ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe motherboard
Sapphire 6670 Ultimate (using the HDMI out from this, motherboard audio/video disabled)
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz (I think...)
I also have 2 Xbox 360 controllers always plugged into it via USB, and a generic USB IR receiver intended for use with windows media center. I wouldn't think any of those would cause any issues, but it's always hard to tell with software.

(P.S. I've also had issues with the screensaver in XBMC not coming up, has anyone else run into this as well? Not sure if the two issues may be related, while in xbmcbuntu the screen will go to sleep after so many minutes idle)

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cool 'n Quiet, frequency scaling not working0