ESC on Home
Can I please have that pressing ESC on Home returns focus to ID that is defined as <defaultcontrol> ?

I.e. we have <defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol> , we go to submenu from there (id="9001"), press ESC and navigation is returned to ID=9000 again.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

seems a little too specific for me and might make people go WTF when they push it twice or something by mistake. But I'm not totally against it
Better yet would be onclick actions.

eg <OnEsc>SetFocus()</OnEsc>
Don't we have <onback> or some such?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-10, 01:51)jmarshall Wrote: Don't we have <onback> or some such?

yes, onback is available already. (which is connected to "parentdir" i think), so question here is to give skinners control for "previousmenu"
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It's connected to <back> which is the backspace key on the keyboard, but is often the main "back" button on remotes.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-06-10, 04:19)jmarshall Wrote: It's connected to <back> which is the backspace key on the keyboard, but is often the main "back" button on remotes.

ah ok. wouldn´t it make more sense to have control over the action rather than the over a specific key?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
We do. Back is the action. It can be mapped to whatever key you want. eg you could map it to escape.

Still, backspace and escape are 2 different buttons, doing 2 different things. Pressing Esc on home to show the shutdown menu would be nice.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2012-06-10, 19:01)Maxoo Wrote: Still, backspace and escape are 2 different buttons, doing 2 different things. Pressing Esc on home to show the shutdown menu would be nice.

ack god no
ONBACK will do, did not know it exists Smile

Thanks.

Question is should ESC behave the same way as backspace when pressed on home screen?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESC on Home0