Projectors
Anyone here use a projector?

any shared experience?

ambient light much?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
I'm since many years beamer user; beside flat.

I can very recomment Panasonic PT-AE 4000 or 5000 (is the newest).
This is my 4th Panasonic beamer and I'll stay also for the next beamer with Panasonic.

One of the most impressive feature - beside exellent picture quality - is the automatic
picture scan with picture auto size via automatic lens. Means: I don't have to adjust
manual the picture size or the lense e.g. from 4:3 or 16:9 to 21:9 in order to maximise
the picture weight.
My max. weight is on 21:9 4,30 meter....no pixels are seen, absolutly sharp and very good
black factor incl. max. contrast values

3 of my homecinema friends are also going since years with Panasonic beamers.
how does it handle ambient light and gaming?

those are big concerns for me... i'd hate input lag.

my budget is £1000-1500 so cant get tht :[
I have the Epson Powerlite 8500UB. I love it. Their quality control is meh, but the 2 year warranty with free 2 day shipping cant be beat. Great light, great picture.

The 3D version of mine has delay issues, so you should stay away from now.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
My neighbor up the street uses the Panasonic - PT-AE7000U 1080P Full HD Projector and he loves it! In fact I love it too,...that is when he manages to invite me,...or I invite myself.

I was initially skeptical at first, since I've seen bad projectors and been turned off to them. However, this projector ROCKS.
He played Avatar in 3D and while I hated the movie's storyline, it was as if I was in a theater. There was no difference.

While I can't afford this,..I certainly can dream of the day!
My budget is only £1500... this super panasonic full HD is just getting me sad Sad

heard the JVCs are mind blowing too!
(2012-06-12, 23:15)aoaaron Wrote: how does it handle ambient light and gaming?

those are big concerns for me... i'd hate input lag.

my budget is £1000-1500 so cant get tht :[

ambient light for beamer?
you have to be very carefully with addtional light beside
the beamer light, cause it directly causes less contrast
and the black parts of the picture would be grey...
alone a candle light could causes this...and, if you
look e.g. movies playing with a lot of dark parts or science fiction
the picture isn't perfect

I'm not a real gamer, but I have PS3 and Wii and both
have good picture results. Keep in mind, Wii is not
HD. But my receiver calculates the Wii picture to
HD.

Budget: perhaps you will have a look at Ebay.
When possible I play my 360 on my projector and have zero problems.

I have a really good auto zip blackout blind which completely blackens the room.

The darker your room the better the picture.

I'm still running a Panasonic PT AE900 from years ago and it's pretty still good. Would love a newer one though. I would stick Panasonic's if possible.
wow those Panny's are nice and they got great reviews. Unfortunately out of my price range. . .

I am eyeing the Optoma GT750e It is a short throw 3D projector that only costs $700 with great reviews Smile
I was looking for cheap but good projector to use on my outside screen. I got the Optoma GT720. I am happy with it,
Good to hear some good experiences with projectors.

Well the deal is I need to move house/flat every couple of months so lugging a plasma/LCD vs. a projector... ! Right now, I don't really game too much but I feel a projector would definitley make me. 3D has never been a particular fasination for me either on a TV but i can imagine 3D on a projector would be absolutley ridiculous.

The optoma ones look awesome but I really really want 1080p 3D.

My budget is £1500 for a lowish input lag set. can anyone suggest me some... ? even if its around the £2K mark.. :/
The real cinema feeling, from my point of view, is only to be done by using a projector.
I'm using both...beamer/projector and flat, cause e.g. news I don't have to look via projector.
The flat is integrated in the home cinema below the beamer picture; fits directly to the beamer picture.

Your budget seems, that you perhaps should look for a good offer for the Panasonic PT-AE 5000. He handle
also 3D and has the automatic lens funcition. And again: Panasonic build in a addtional feature for 3D:
EACH 2D movie he can calculate to 3D. Sounds funny/strange...but, a friend of mine has this beamer
already...the calculation from 2D to 3D is sometimes so good as you have the feeling, you looking a
real 3D movie. Panasonic is using obvouisly the same technique like the studios.
Cause, perhaps you now already: the most 3D are not real 3D movies. All the 3D movies you are showing
actual in real cinemas are not made in 3D. They calculate them from 2D to 3D.
There are only few movies in real 3D like Avatar, Alice, 3 Musketier.
(2012-06-13, 09:09)T800 Wrote: When possible I play my 360 on my projector and have zero problems.

I have a really good auto zip blackout blind which completely blackens the room.

The darker your room the better the picture.

I'm still running a Panasonic PT AE900 from years ago and it's pretty still good. Would love a newer one though. I would stick Panasonic's if possible.

How bad is the response time? i've hear its hard to compete online when using a projector cause it has a delay.
HTPC: ASRock B75M-ITX LGA | Intel i-3 3.3GHZ | 4GB | Samsung SSD + WD 2TB x2
response time, delay when using a projector?
it's exactly the same as with flat screens...no delay.
I have a 10 meter hdmi cable from receiver to the projector;
even no delay.
Same here, never noticed a delay.

Im not so sure about only having projector and no TV. Projectors are awesome but I wouldnt want to use one for TV Shows and Music. Moving around all the time can you control the lighting?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Projectors1