Emulator video crash
Hi,

I am fairly new to XBMC (and XBMCbuntu) and so far I am having problem after problem trying to setup my system correctly. My latest issue is that some of my emulator's (FCEUX, ZSNES) video will crash roughly a minute (sometimes less) into play (being launched through advanced launcher). The strange this is that the emulator itself is still working since the audio is still fine and I have hear everything that is going on, but the video craps out. If I try to "escape" or leave full screen mode I get I can see XBMC and a minimized emulator window for about a second, then its right back to a blank screen (so maybe a resolution setting problem?). Also, so far I have not had this issue with mupen64plus, or with any video playback in XBMC. Lastly, I don't seem to run into this issue when I am accessing the emulators from the XBMCbuntu side of things.

I have thought about trying one of those scripts that suspends XBMC when an outside application is launched but not yet. Any suggestions?

System Specs:
2x AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-60 Dual Core Processor
3 GB Memory
ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

P.S. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but it almost seems like the video will go out when I press the "A" button on my wireless xbox 360 controller. It doesn't happen the first time I press it but if I'm at least 10-15 seconds in and I press it, thats when the video seems to crash.
Anyone?
Are you sure that your xbox 360 controller is not controlling at the same time XBMC and started application. What is the action defined for the "A" button under XBMC?
So I have verified that it has nothing to do with the 'A' button, it was just a coincidence. Any other suggestion?
Do you have follow this guide : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129256 ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emulator video crash0