Win prepare for the future
Hi guys,

I've been using XBMC for a little time and been amazed with what it can do. I'm a developer to so I' like to try anything new I can put my hands on so I've been using Windows 8 for some time as my main OS and I have to say this: XBMC is just begging to be transformed in a Metro application. The work is basically done by itself with the preference for the fullscreen, the touch friendly UI and a lot of other stuff that is already on place. I'd say it's about 85% ready and I'm sincerelly surprised for not having found anyone having a try with Metro yet. I've been a little overwhelmed with work right now but if I can get some free time I'll do it myself if I don't find anyone trying yet.

Good work everyone that contribute to do this amazing application....
Thanks for the appreciation Smile a more touch-friendly interface would be a most welcome addition
What's all this? Tongue

@Sranshaft,

Not sure I've made myself clear, when I've said Metro I didn't mean a Metro like skin but full fledged Metro app that "does not run on the desktop". As far as I've seem there is no plans to release one in near future as the team is busy with other features and port XMBC for the WinRT API would be a quite big effort.
If that image is a Metro version of XBMC or even only a skin would Would you be so kind to point me where can I get it? It sure got me hooked, and souds nice enough for the time being...
im pretty sure it will be ported to win rt as soon as there are arm nettops with win 8 available.

They would make awesome and probably even cheap htpcs!
And i think the focus of development is htpc-centered and not for smartphones/tablets/laptops or classical desktops.
XBMC in WinRT is pretty much a no-go - for the foreseeable future. At least the devs have said as much: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124217 so skins are about as close to native Metro app.

@getsandom: The skin is still in development but I'm hopeful an Alpha release, at the very least, should be available in the very near future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
prepare for the future0