Linux Audio Sync Problem
I have an issue where the audio is out of sync with video on all of my movies when played through XBMC. When played through VLC on my system, there are no synchronization issues leading me to believe the issue is related to XBMC. The audio is just slightly ahead of the video, but enough to notice and make it difficult to watch a movie.

Here's my system info:
Linux Mint 13
XBMC 11.0 Eden

Relevant HW info:
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000
Onboard VIA VT1708S audio chipset

I'm using ALSA (not Pulse),
standard audio output (not HDMI)
DVI video output (through integrated onboard output)
I've tried all the various XBMC audio output settings, and for those few options that don't give me the "failed to initialize the audio device" error, the sync issue still exists. I can manually adjust the audio delay, but because the issue is present for every movie regardless of the format, and doesn't occur when I use VLC to play the media, I'd rather see if it's a specific setting that's causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem using "optical" as audio output.

Adding a 250ms delay brings audio and video in sync.
Is there any solution to get audio and video in sync without adding a postive delay?
I still have this problem using either ALSA or Pulse analog output. I'm surprised there haven't been any proposed solutions yet. Is there anything I can do to debug this?

Also it appears that different video formats have different delays. I tried setting an audio delay globally however not all the movies are offset by the same amount. I haven't done enough troubleshooting to determine what formats are causing the issue.

Are there any audio/video sync tools available, like a video clip that helps calibration?

Is there an option to specify an exact delay? I'm stuck using the slider and I apply the audio delay globally, however there's not enough precision to get the exact value I need - it jumps around too much when I drag the slider. Is this value defined in one of the configuration XML files?
Hi
I had sync issues with 24fps vids so added
Code:
<video>
<fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
<latency>
<refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>125</delay>
</refresh>
</latency>
</video>
to the advancedsettings.xml......check out the relative section here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml
Did you have configured the "A/V-Sync" in XBMC to "Video"?

I have had similiar issues with 24fps and after configuring the A/V-Sync to "Video" it was solved for me. So, perhaps it might help you too.

Why don´t use HDMI? No amp with this port?

Cheers
(2012-08-17, 05:50)Wozza_au Wrote: Hi
I had sync issues with 24fps vids so added
Code:
<video>
<fpsdetect>2</fpsdetect>
<latency>
<refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>125</delay>
</refresh>
</latency>
</video>
to the advancedsettings.xml......check out the relative section here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml

This doesn't work for me. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Sync Problem0