Some problems on XBMC 12.0 Alpha4 (compiled Jul 27, 2012) dealing with audio
On certain files (mostly 5.1 AAC) I still have to use Optical/Coax to have it output 5.1 to my system (which is connected via HDMI). If I use the HDMI output option in the audio settings, it only outputs to the left side speakers...

DTS-HD Master Audio isn't avalible in Optical/Coax mode but when I switch to HDMI output (via audio settings) all I get is a buzzing sound... I am 100% positive my system is DTS-HD capable.. Also Optical/Coax isn't actually outputting in surround sound.. When I switch to Analog it is in surround but the sound goes out and in a lot

Running this on an Acer Revo

Regular DTS output works in full 5.1 surround with HDMI audio output selected...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
http://pastebin.com/1abreGDS Avatar was the DTS-HD feed that has the problem with HDMI
revo 1600 is ion1 and definitely doesn't support dts-hd or truehd.
(2012-07-30, 05:45)furii Wrote: revo 1600 is ion1 and definitely doesn't support dts-hd or truehd.
It had no problem outputting this file as DTS in previous builds of XBMC...
It shouldn't be processing the DTS-HD file, just passing it to the receiver (which has a DTS-HD decoder)...
(2012-08-06, 04:11)Numus Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 05:45)furii Wrote: revo 1600 is ion1 and definitely doesn't support dts-hd or truehd.
It shouldn't be processing the DTS-HD file, just passing it to the receiver (which has a DTS-HD decoder)...

the ion1 chip is literally incapable of bitstreaming the dts-hd track to your receiver. this is not a problem with xbmc. you will need to disable dts-hd capable receiver in your audio options and xbmc will then transmit the dts core track.
(2012-08-06, 16:24)furii Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 04:11)Numus Wrote:

the ion1 chip is literally incapable of bitstreaming the dts-hd track to your receiver. this is not a problem with xbmc. you will need to disable dts-hd capable receiver in your audio options and xbmc will then transmit the dts core track.
Awesome... thanks! Eventually I will look into replacing the revo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some problems on XBMC 12.0 Alpha4 (compiled Jul 27, 2012) dealing with audio0