Win What programs do you use to stream externally?
I use XBMC to watch my local files on my media center machine (listed in my signature) and I have Plex installed to broadcast outside of my network. I use Plex at work and other places to listen to music mostly. I'm going to be moving back to school soon, and i'm taking my media center with me, but i want to figure out a way that my family can still watch the movies and TV shows at home while i'm at school. I have tried streaming Plex at work as a test and watch a movie or TV show, and it seems to buffer every so often. Obviously 1080p movies buffer every few seconds, same with 720p, then SD at 480p will buffer once in awhile. At home, i have a 25Mbit connection from Verizon FIOS, and at work we have a T1 connection, so you would think there wouldn't be as much buffering. Now school is a different story, the connection there is considerably slower, can't say exactly what, but i believe the upload speeds max out at 600kbps. So am i dead in the water if i want to stream to my home with that connection, or are there other services out there besides Plex which don't require too much? Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What programs do you use to stream externally?0