JSON-RPC: Is playlist notification in the pipe?
Question 
That would be especially for Montellese

Is Playlist notification in the pipe?
I'd like to get notified of the changes to the content of the playlists.

Nowadays, an app must poll XBMC to get the latest playlist content, which is unfortunate.
If you agree, I can give it a shot...
Actually I'm still waiting for someone to take up the work to re-write the whole playlist management/handling in XBMC. The whole playlist implementation is very confusing and limited. Therefore I never really spent much time on it in JSON-RPC because it would require to be re-written once someone changes the implementation in XBMC itself.

More than a year ago pieh started working on something like this but never finished it because he got distracted by working on XBMC's GUI code.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok.
In the meantime, I'll do something to get notifications for the playlists as they are now.

I bet every single remote app with some kind of playlist support is hammering the server, now, who is not great...
Pull request created: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1248

BTW, I noticed that all notifications are ON by default, and that the way the coding is done, there is no way to actually disable one (putting to false would have no effect).

Is it on purpose?
(2012-08-06, 16:50)Koying Wrote: Pull request created: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1248
Will take a look later this evening or tomorrow.

(2012-08-06, 16:50)Koying Wrote: BTW, I noticed that all notifications are ON by default, and that the way the coding is done, there is no way to actually disable one (putting to false would have no effect).

Is it on purpose?
Works for me through JSONRPC.SetConfiguration. Just tried it over TCP and it works like a charm.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
What is working ?
Setting a notif Off?
Yes I sent a JSON-RPC request for JSONRPC.SetConfiguration() and turned of the GUI notifications and from then on I didn't receive any notifications for screensaver enabling/disabling etc. Then I sent another request and turned it back on and it worked again.
Yeah, my mistake Wink

Still, don't you think subscribing to notifications should be a "positive" action, i.e. setting all to false by default and requiring client to register for the notifications they need?
The original reason for them to default to true is that its easier for a new developer. just telnet to xbmc and get all data you want, no need to call "weird" commands from documentation to know what your interested in. But yeah, in most other API's one would do as you suggest.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC: Is playlist notification in the pipe?0