DreamBox Enigma1 as a backend
now I can connect to my Dreambox using the native Tuxbox client, but as you all know, zapping is not as smooth as the pvr client and I do not have the EPG as well, now I would really love to have my dreambox DM-500S as a backend system or maybe a remote tuner to some backend systems
thanks
nothing ? Smile
Today I use the plugin from NibuDev to get live TV on my ATV2. But a real integration of my DM500HD (Enigma2) via PVR-Plugin would be really great!
Hello. For the dreambox you can use the VuPlus add-on, it works really fine with an enigma based dreambox as backend. You have to use the XBMC-PVR edition and install the VuPlus add-on then.
After the installation of the add-on :
1) Go to XBMC add-on, choose "Configure" on the VuPlus add-on and just enter the IP address of your dreambox.
2) Go to XBMC skin to enable the "LiveTV" function

Works really great with a dreambox for me...
@razowski .. thanks a lot for ur advice Smile however it works only with Enigma2 devices, mine is DM500 which is Enigma1
thanks again Smile
(2012-08-19, 03:34)SomeoneCares Wrote: @razowski .. thanks a lot for ur advice Smile however it works only with Enigma2 devices, mine is DM500 which is Enigma1
thanks again Smile

Did you manage to find out how to get DM500s as backend?
I have a dm500s too with enigma 1 and compiled newest build from git (with pvr now in it).
Did anyone have new infos for us (and any other enigma 1 users)?
Hey guys,

anyone any idea concerning this matter?
tried VU+ plugin and newest build from today.

No channels, nothing to see in LIVE section.
same here no channels found. using enigma 1 box (dreambox 500)
The vu+ addon only works with enigma2 based boxes.
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
is there any other plugins that can be used to allow me to use enigma 1 based box? Tuxbox fine for streaming channels but would love to see EPG
yeah me too.
Have a dm500s (enigma 1 based) box too.
And as far as i get this: enigma has less functionallity and usng it as backend should be easier, i mean we only ned EPG, channel change, PVR perhaps, tahts it.

Hopefully Mr. Joerg (creator of the plugin) will read this and perhaps he ca do something about that.

PS: maybe i am wrong, but the plugin started as a enigma 1 plugin and changed to a enigma 2 plugin
I don't have access to an enigma1 box, so I cannot write this. If someone could have a look on how to parse the output from the enigma1 webapi then the integration should be quite easy...
(2012-09-19, 10:49)jdembski Wrote: I don't have access to an enigma1 box, so I cannot write this. If someone could have a look on how to parse the output from the enigma1 webapi then the integration should be quite easy...

I thought they might be the same as...but i try to find them out!
They shouldn't be a lot

PS: are you the Jörg person? :-)
The output from the enigma1 webapi is very different from the enigma2. This is enigma1:

http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Webinter...EPGDetails

Enigma2 returns XML data which is simple to parse.

And yes, my name is Jörg Smile

more than happy to set up dyndns and forward ports on my router to allow u access if u want to play about with the webapi on my enigma1 box?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DreamBox Enigma1 as a backend 0