Shows missing from XBMC
Thumbs Down 
XBMC is ticking me off at the moment. I have been trying for hours to get ALL of my shows to show under the TV Shows section.

After lots of messing around I finally have "folders" for all of my shows, but most show zero episodes. AHHHHHHH.

I've scraped everything, renamed everything, all in it's own folder.

What the heck is wrong with it?!?

Thanks guys!
I suspect from what you've said, that you still have naming issues.. Get a hold of theRenamer, drop each TV folder in turn on to theRenamer, it should strightne your stuff around... You folder structure should look like this.

folder TV Series>Firefly>Season 1>Firefly.S01E01.Pilot.avi
But I have lots of shows that are just 1 episode for example. Like Discovery Channel documentaries. And I've already tried theRenamer. All the shows that are missing aren't found by theRenamer. If I have to sit and rename a billion episodes I'm going to be very disappointed.
Documentaries shows are the most challenging... You have hard drive space for a billion episodes? I'm aah. Most shows have an episode number or a way to distinguish it from other episodes... air date etc. Often I've found discovery documentaries first air was on the BBC and listed in the TVdb. Quite a few docs are listed, the trick is the naming; especially when there's an interpretation from one broadcaster to another. Of course the easy cop-out for me.. is to suggest you become a member of the TVdb and submit all those excellent one off docs, to the database so that others would benieft from your hard work.Here's a link to Nova and their episodes.. http://epguides.com/Nova/ everything

If you feel you don't have the time to sleuth down these episodes, consider a skin that allows to direct file pointing, or file mode (and exclude it from libary scans) you still get a cover.jpg and backdrop.. but the only description will be in the file name, which shouldn't be a big loss as most documentaries give a fleeting summation.
Grrr. Documentaries are the best too. And yes.... a billion. Wink Haha. Is there an application that allows me to type in my metadata and save it to a .nfo for XBMC? Then I could at least gather the info to submit to epguides. What skin do you suggest that has direct file pointing? Right now I am using Aeon Nox 3.5 which looks nice, but the navigation is shifty for everyday users. =/

In an unrelated note..... anyone ever done shared channels in PseudoTV? Getting a weird deal where one PC just loads FOX continuously. Gotta a thread in the plugin section but no answers. Sad
Most of the third party media managers (ember comes to mind) will save out to the .nfo, but then your have to locally re-scan it while XWMM saves directly to the library. I personally just have a template .nfo for notepad++ and just pop metadata (cut&paste) after a Google search turns up the documentary in question, but I do get lazy and use filemode or a direct link.

Transparency! has a direct file/folder pointer from a home page sub menu, it's totally off the library radar, and you still get folder.jpg & fanart.jpg showing up.

re: PseudoTV It's an unrelated question, best re-post in the PseudoTV forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows missing from XBMC0