Linux Problems with Importing a Video Library
I'm having problems with exporting and importing my video library into a fresh installation of XBMC. I recently did a fresh install of XBMC Live to upgrade from Dharma to Eden. Prior to re-installing, I exported my video library as a "single file" and copied the resulting files to an external drive. After re-installing, I copied the exported data back and did an Import from the Settings menu. At this point, all the movie/tv information is correct, however 90% of all the thumbnail images and fan art were not copied over. Most of the videos have an image from the movie as a thumbnail and the fan art is the skin background. I know that I can manually "refresh" the videos, but I'd rather not have to do this for 800+ movies and tv shows. I know that I could also rescan everything and forget the library import, but I'd like to keep the "watched" settings. Any advise on fixing this?

Few additional notes:
- I did not perform any sort of action on the video library before exporting.
- Prior to Importing the library, I copied over my sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml file
- I did not scan my media collection prior to doing the library import

Thanks in advance.
(2012-08-12, 16:02)redlamb Wrote: I know that I can manually "refresh" the videos, but I'd rather not have to do this for 800+ movies and tv shows...

IMHO.
I guess that means I'm taking the manual approach by "Refreshing" all my movies. That being the case, is there something I can do differently so I won't have to do this again? Or where did I go wrong the first time?

Thanks in advance.
(2012-08-14, 04:34)redlamb Wrote: ... Or where did I go wrong the first time?

r, really I'd just chalk this up to the nature of linux & updating. Once you get a server going you use it for years basically unchanged. Use the opportunity to better organize your library, which is what I do (rename the files for better scraping, better directory structure, see what media could use a later rip/replacement). Added tip: when you create/redo a new server, you can add new services right at the start of creation (smbfs, torrent, webmin, other web interfaces & daemons). FWIW.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Importing a Video Library0