TV Shows?
I have organized my TV Show media files according to the wiki file structure and have scanned them into my library, but when I click on the TV Shows thumbnail my episodes don't show up. All shows have a zero in the thumbnail. I can go to files though, and play my shows by manually selecting the media files. Why are episodes not showing up when I click on the artwork/thumbnails?
Give us a literal example of how one of the episodes is named.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia file structure looks like this:

TV Shows>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia>ITSALWAYSSUNNY_S4_D1, ITSALWAYSSUNNY_S4_D2, etc.

This is the only TV Show in the folder.
That doesn't match the wiki. You need episode info, not disc info.

Quote:The defaults will match the following structures/file name formats

Library.videos.tvshowinfo.WSCR.jpg

foo.s01e01.*
foo.s01.e01.*
foo.s01_e01.*
foo_[s01]_[e01]_*
foo.1x01.*
foo.101.*
Try using a scraper app to manually rename your tv and movie shows like ''Ember Media Manager'' here...

Ember Media Manager

Tutorial Here

Hope this helps I do this all the time just incase XBMC plsys up...

Or easier still use TVRename its a mass tv show renamer then let XBMC scrape them...

Cheers...
Openelec PVR in lounge 6tb of storage...
XBMC PVR on 27in I3 Mac in bedroom...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

What more do you want...
Does this mean I need to open the video_ts folder and change file names? Are my folder names ok? I'm confused on exactly what I need to do. Ty, for the quick responses, this is the 1st time I've attempted to import TV Shows.
You have them ripped as full discs. You need each episode ripped individually. You will need to use MakeMKV or the like to get a single file for each episode.
or name your cd according to episodes present on disc.
S04E01E02E03E04E05E06.iso
This way the episodes will be added to library, but remember, you will have to navigate the cd menu to get to your episode.
There is another approach through bookmarks system, so you will start the corresponding episode, but it's more complicated, let me know if you want to try this approach too.
I have It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 5 on Blu-Ray, which I have ripped using Any DVD. There is a BDMV folder, and a Certificate folder. I have renamed the Disc folder S05E01E02E03E04E05E06. When I scan the folder to my TV Shows Library, all episodes show up now, except there are duplicates, and when I play the episodes they aren't the correct one. What do I need to do to get the Blu-Ray info to display properly?
The answers are already here:

(2012-08-19, 09:47)sergiocos Wrote: or name your cd according to episodes present on disc.
S04E01E02E03E04E05E06.iso
This way the episodes will be added to library, but remember, you will have to navigate the cd menu to get to your episode.

Or if you want to start each episode without navigating a menu:

(2012-08-19, 08:17)romwarrior Wrote: You need each episode ripped individually. You will need to use MakeMKV or the like to get a single file for each episode.

Ok, I've never used Make MKV before. Wasn't sure if I could use it for both DVD and Blu-Ray. I'll give it a shot.
Does Make MKV change the video quality at all?
MakeMKV doesn't change anything, but it doesn't select the lossless audio track by default so you have to manually select that and then deselect any lossy tracks that you don't want. But it does no transcoding.
Are you saying I have to manually select the lossless audio track within Make MKV? I don't see an option to do so.
I don't want to make this a MakeMKV help thread, but look at the online help under the "Select Content" section:

http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows?0