Compilation error on Linux
Hello,

I'm trying to build xbmc from git (pulled a couple of days ago) on an Ubuntu Hardy installation. Alsa, cdio, cmake, libssh, taglib, tinyxml, and yasm were compiled from recent sources because the versions on Hardy seem to be too old for xbmc now.

./configure --disable debug ends successfully, but a while into 'make', I get this:

Code:
CPP     xbmc/music/tags/MusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA.o
MusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA::Load(const CStdString&, MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoTag&, MUSIC_INFO::EmbeddedArt*)’:
MusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA.cpp:118: error: ‘CDTEXT_TITLE’ was not declared in this scope
MusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA.cpp:131: error: ‘CDTEXT_PERFORMER’ was not declared in this scope
MusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA.cpp:142: error: ‘CDTEXT_GENRE’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [MusicInfoTagLoaderCDDA.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a] Error 2

Can anybody help me figure out which library is supposed to provide that? Google seems to suggest it's libcdio but, as I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I've already tried updatind libcdio to the latest release.

Thank you!
it's all in the readme
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've followed it to the letter. I added the appropriate ppa and installed "build-dep xbmc" which successfully added a bunch of packages to my system, yet I keep getting the same error.

Do you know which library might be causing this?
The README was updated a few days ago with information on how to compile taglib so you might wanna get the latest code and check the README again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
guys. read the errors!

this will have been caused by a too new libcdio. a fix for this landed yesterday evening.
Thanks spiff, you seem to have hit the nail on the head. I pulled from git again today and the error went away.

I did hit another one, though:

Code:
CPP     xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmc.o
generated/AddonModuleXbmc.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* PythonBindings::xbmc_XBMCAddon_xbmc_RenderCapture_getImage(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
generated/AddonModuleXbmc.cpp:6366: error: ‘PyByteArray_FromStringAndSize’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [generated/AddonModuleXbmc.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/interfaces/python/python_binding.a] Error 2

Google seems to suggest that PyByteArray_FromStringAndSize was added to python in their 2.6 release, yet:

Code:
# dpkg -l | grep python2
ii  libpython2.7                               2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1                        Shared Python runtime library (version 2.7)
ii  python2.7                                  2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1                        Interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.7)
ii  python2.7-dev                              2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1                        Header files and a static library for Python (v2.7)
ii  python2.7-minimal                          2.7.3-0ubuntu3.1                        Minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.7)

Looks like I should be covered. Am I missing something here too?

Thank you!
Even I am gettting the same error

Processing "PythonSwig.cpp.template" using the module specification for module "generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.xml"
writing
CPP xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.o
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp: In function 'PyObject* PythonBindings::xbmcgui_XBMCAddon_xbmcgui_ListItem_setInfo(PythonBindings:TongueyHolder*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:1167:7: error: 'Py_ssize_t' was not declared in this scope
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:1167:18: error: expected ';' before 'pos'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:1168:40: error: 'pos' was not declared in this scope
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp: In function 'PyObject* PythonBindings::xbmcgui_XBMCAddon_xbmcgui_ListItem_addStreamInfo(PythonBindings:TongueyHolder*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:1248:7: error: 'Py_ssize_t' was not declared in this scope
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:1248:18: error: expected ';' before 'pos'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:1249:40: error: 'pos' was not declared in this scope
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp: In function 'void PythonBindings::initModule_xbmcgui()':
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12822:91: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12823:89: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12824:89: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12825:95: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12826:105: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12827:97: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12828:101: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12829:97: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12830:87: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12831:66: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
generated/AddonModuleXbmcgui.cpp:12832:65: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation error on Linux0