OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Quote:When you did your manual update, did you copy the files using a PC or just your Pi and SSH (or maybe SFTP)? Did the transfer to SD card seem unusually slow, or not?
I generally scp the kernel plus the firmware to the openelec machine and kernel/SYSTEM plus firmware to the nfs server.
Unfortunately i didn't pay attention to how long it took to copy the files over... I must have gone for a cup of tea.... while doing it....sorry...

Quote:I don't think the corruption is indicative of a failing SD card, it's just something that can happen with the current firmware and certain SD cards, particularly if you are overclocking your Pi. For some users it happens fairly regularly, for others once in a blue moon, and for the lucky, never at all.
sorry, probably it was just me just being paranoid since it never happend to me and then it started all of a sudden several times in a row

Quote:So just go ahead, edit cmdline.txt in a text editor and append "iotimeout=5000" to the end of your kernel parameters. Under normal circumstances you'll not notice anything unusual in the boot sequence, but if/when your SD card is misbehaving you'll notice a delay of up to 30 seconds, an an automatic reboot. 30 seconds may sound like a long time, but it's shorter than the time it would take to recover your system... ;-)
I will definitively do that. 30 seconds? no problem, just the time to turn the kettle on....or grab a beer...

Thanks a lot for your help,

M

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by mcarni - 2013-03-05, 12:56
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12