OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-20, 19:41)Trickname Wrote:
Quote:I can't seem to find the "mixdown audio" setting anymore
This is gotham change

Thanks.

Now that I've found it, it was already enabled by default but the levels do seem better now, although TV recordings and music are still a lot louder than other video. DVD Rips (VOB, IFO) with Dolby Digital are quite a lot louder than video files (mkv, avi) with Dolby Digital or Stereo soundtracks. iPlayer is very loud in comparison to everything else, so I don't really understand if that can be so loud, why the video files can't be a reasonable volume (at least as loud as DVD Rips and music).

I've been trying to use the XBMCTVServer addon to interface with Mediaportal on my PC but it just reboots the Pi when I try and watch a channel. Watching recordings works and the EPG comes up (albeit after about 4s, whilst the debug overlay I have enabled at the moment freezes). It might be best to forget about TV on the Pi and just keep using a separate STB, which is loads quicker and smoother and just add a link to the recordings folder in Videos to watch those with the Pi.

On several occasions now it's rebooted, or at least restarted XBMC, when I'm browsing for a folder or selecting a folder in the video/music/pictures filelist. I'm running with a 12v 5a PSU going into a 5v/3a converter, which powers the GPIO header via a fuse and also the hub, which only has the remote receiver attached, so power shouldn't be an issue.

The Youtube addon appears to have some problems at the moment but even browsing through the categories it can show "Working" for 10s before the progress bar even appears, making it a chore to use and I think I'd resort to my PC to browse Youtube. Likewise with the iPlayer addon, which can also take this long to open a category and after stopping playback the "Working" icon appears again for up to 10s. I can only assume it's creating the resume point data then.

Enabling "Remote sends keyboard presses" does seem to have sorted out the ghost repeating problem and possibly the remote lag/missing presses as well.

When I first connect to a SMB share, it shows "Wake on LAN - Connecting to Network and the progress bar takes about 10s before it shows me the folder". I'm not sure what it's doing there but I don't think it should take so long to open a network folder.

EDIT: Another annoying bug I've found is that selecting an inaccessible folder can lockup the system. For instance, I selected a folder named Movies which links to nfs://192.168.1.64/Media/Movies. I don't currently have the NFS server running, so it showed the Waiting icon and I pressed back to cancel and it said "unable to access" which is fine. However, then I selected Series, which links to nfs://192.168.1.64/Media/Series and it just completely locked up but the music I had playing in the background kept playing. When the current song finished however, the next one didn't start. After about 3-4mins, it unfroze and acted on all the keypresses I'd done whilst trying to get it to respond and the music playlist started playing again.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by doveman2 - 2013-07-20, 21:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12