Changing the size of showcase thumbs?
I prefer to use showcase mode for viewing my movie collection. The real issue I have with this is that the DVD cover art displayed at the bottom of the screen shows a list of cover art cut off on both sides. Is there any way to change the size of these thumbs so that I can see the entire cover art?
screenshot, please.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It's the old resolution issue, the DVD covers will show up correctly on a 16:9 resolution, but cut off in any other case. You can change this if you open the file "Includes_Showcase_Cases.xml" located in the hidden folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\", and replace every occurance of this

PHP Code:
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio

with this

PHP Code:
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio

Do the same with "Includes_Showcase_Box.xml" if you want the same results for the transparent cases.
I think that did something, but not what I needed. After making the changes a few views are right, but most still are not. Here are some screens to show what I'm looking at.

LOW LIST :

SHIFT :

SHOWCASE (Which I want to use) :

And not sure if it's even related, but here is a shot of my random movie widget :
You asked about Showcase, I answered you about Showcase. Obviously there are other viewtypes and parts of the skin that also use scaled thumbs, and they'd have to be edited individually. Basically what you have to do is search inside the files located in the 1080i folder, by using a program such as Windows Grep, for the following:

PHP Code:
scale</aspectratio

Now you have to replace SOME (not all) of these with the following:

PHP Code:
stretch</aspectratio

If you replace all of them, the skin will look disfigured. To get an idea of which files need editing, check this out, it's what I did for my setup. Mind you, those edits were made on an earlier version of Nox, so the line numbers and code will probably look different now.
your resolution just isn´t nox compatible, only 16:9 resolutions works properly.
changing the aspectratio to stretch is a bad bad workaround and will make every professional ui designer cry.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Really, it's a minor complaint. I have just been tweaking my setup to achieve perfection. I can always play around with these settings until I get the best possible results. If anything gets too out of whack I assume I can just uninstall and reinstall the skin to go back to defaults, right?
I use my main PC to test out new things and tweaks like this and I have HTPC at both of my big screens (both are widescreen). Are there any versions of Aeon that support other resolutions?
yes, just delete and re-install the skin.
and no, there isn´t any non-16:9 aeon.
No big deal. Like I said, both of my TVs are widescreen and I just love this skin. Just loving the challenge of tweaking it out. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the size of showcase thumbs?0